Sunday, December 15, 2019

Weekend Reading 12.15


Happy weekend! This one feels especially well-earned, even though I'm spending most of it – surprise! – working. I'm sure pretty much anyone who works any kind of retail or customer-facing job can relate – damn, the holidays are insane. My house? Not decorated at all. Work, on the other hand? I created a damn Christmas miracle last week. Wreaths were hung, trees were trimmed, stockings were stuffed, none of which were mine.... and I'm exhausted. This year has felt especially harried with the addition of several large events on the work calendar – so safe to say, the holidays have been a little different for Chris and I this year (for anyone catching up, we work together and barely see each other). I feel so behind (the photo above is from last year). But I'm trying to not let it get me down. This coming week is going to be even crazier than the last, but I'm hoping to maybe get a tree at some point. Anyway, shoutout to anyone else whose holidays aren't picture perfect – I'm right there with you.

I've recently partnered with United By Blue and am so pleased to share a discount with you! Use code 'orchidgrey15' for 15% off!

Reformation is having a big old sale and marry Christmas to meeee. Love this cute little mini.

If you're in need of a little positivity (I am)

These beauty bundles from Ogee are the perfect last minute gift for a friend or family member – remember to use the code 'JulieLovesOgee' for 15% off!

Looking for a really nice stocking stuffer? These CBD bath salts would be ace

Would you like to cry? Watch this Polish holiday ad

An astrological t-shirt you'll actually want to wear (and would make such a great gift)

Yes Yes Yes Greta Thunberg

Love these under $200 winter style staples (that neon orange sweater!)

Mark your calendars and plan a trip to NY: this Whitney Museum exhibition sounds amazing

I bought this serum foundation during black Friday and LOVE it so far, especially layered over this primer

Brene Brown on the difference between empathy and sympathy

YUM this vegan broccoli "cheese" soup sounds so good (update: I made it, is IS good)

The case for holiday outfit moderation (January!)

Speaking of all-year-round glitter, how pretty are these glitzy jewelry pieces? Love those fringy stars. Also have my eye on a cute mini bag for the holidays.

Lin-Manuel Miranda's new movie looks pretty incredible