Friday, November 29, 2019

Weekend Reading + 10 Black Friday Sales I'm Shopping


Happy post-Thanksgiving coma! How are you feeling today? I'm exhausted and just so ready for this weekend. Lately I've been working to reconnect with the activities I enjoy doing that aren't work or blog or IG-related. I realized last weekend that I spend almost every weekend doing some version of the same routine: working, maybe walking downtown, cleaning up the apartment, repeat, repeat. It's the opposite of interesting and I need a change – I miss yoga and I realized I've needed to reignite some semblance of curiosity within myself. So this weekend I'm taking an intro to climbing class and getting out for a run. Sounds simple and the run part probably a little unexciting but I've been in such a rut lately that this is what excites me – ha! I'm also planning on making my holiday gifting list. I'm not doing much shopping right now, but I am including a few sales I'm shopping tonight – mostly for myself to be honest! Happy long weekend friends!

xo

10 Black Friday sales I'm shopping:

Ogee Organics: Ogee is 20% off site-wide! This set would be amazing for a friend, sister or mom

Outdoor Voices: Save 25% off site-wide INCLUDING sale items! I'm ordering a couple pairs of these leggings (I swear by them for running, lifting, etc) and this long sleeve merino tee for outdoor winter workouts/hikes

Follain: save 20% off site-wide at clean beauty site Follain! I love this cherry enzyme brightening peel. I've also heard nothing but good things about their candles – a great gift!

Reformation: Save 30% off site-wide! I wore this top basically all summer and wished it came in white – and now it does. Buying it. Also this dreamy polkadot dress because that one shoulder would work for a holiday party or a mid-summer wedding.

Boll & Branch: Bedding retailer Boll & Branch is offering 25% off orders of $150 or more – just saying, flannel sheets make a great gift for parents .

L.L. Bean: Save 20% off site-wide. These slippers make the perfect gift for just about anybody and Chris loves this fleece-lined jacket

Shopbop: Save up to 25% off your total order! Check out my Shopbop sale picks here

Nordstrom: Save up to 50% off! These boots would make great stylish winter boots and everyone's favorite faux leather leggings are on sale!

& Other Stories: Save 20% off site-wide. I swear by their sweaters and have this one and this one in my cart. This puffer jacket is also great.

ABLE: Save 25% off site-wide + free shipping w/code HOLIDAY25. I recently bought these boots and LOVE them and this gorgeous tote is calling my name

Bonus: Everlane is donating $10 to Oceana for every order placed today!

We need more of pro-winter energy: Making the case for winter

I made this maple cream tart for yesterday's Thanksgiving gathering and it was SO GOOD. Note: I subbed greek yogurt for the heavy cream and added a splash of orange juice. Served with some creme fraiche – I'll definitely make it again!

A loving look at Kodachrome – the OG IG filter. This makes me want to get my film camera out.

How friendship changes with age

Creamy coconut hot chocolate? Yes. Please.

What's the Green New Deal? Here's a great post on what it's all about

If you're in need of a little good news