Saturday, September 21, 2019

Weekend Reading 9.21


Happy Saturday, friends! I just got back from working as a photographer's assistant for a wedding and I. Am. Beat. This week was a long one spent checking off some big to-dos, the most exciting of which is I finally pulled the trigger and bought a car. Chris and I have been sharing one car for months, and while I wish owning two wasn't necessary, with his schedule it absolutely is. So, now that I have a way to get around outside of my easily walkable radius, tomorrow I'm planning on taking my paddleboard out to enjoy the second wave of summery weather that's hit Portland. I can't believe it's already the end of September – this year has flown by at an incredible pace, but I'm also really excited about the next few weeks. My brother is coming to town – the last time I saw him was in 2017 – and to be honest, I'm just really looking forward to fall and everything that comes with it. Apple picking? Yes please. Fall hikes? Sign me up. I'm ready for all of it.

xo

A great and powerful read: Jonathon Van Ness comes out as HIV-positive (NYT)

Related: I just ordered his book

How to join the youth climate strike – no matter your age. Did you protest this week? I couldn't go but am hoping to this Friday!

I've been on the hunt for a new fall coat - loving this menswear-inspired plaid jacket, this cozy shearling moto jacket and this dreamy faux-fur jacket

Are you going to see the new Downton Abbey movie? I have so much catching up to do!

For the true crime lovers out there, a long read: the hunt for the serial killer of Laredo

I have my eye on this cozy cashmere sweater – so pretty with jeans or even with a skirt for fall

Why doesn't anyone feel like an adult anymore?

Found: a really good matte black nail polish (perfect for the season)

How to make a lifestyle change actually stick – I needed this

Can you tell I'm on a sweater kick? Loving this cozy striped sweater

This is pretty major – Allure just launched a clean beauty seal!

Love this modern take on the liner jacket - especially in that ochre color

These chai spice cookies are on my must-make list

Iced horchata latte? Sign me up.

OK, this pink faux-fur moto jacket is too good