Saturday, July 20, 2019

Weekend Reading 7.19


What. A. Week. Anyone else feeling the crushing weight of current events this week? Because I AM. Woof. How are we all feeling, friends? Personally, I'm exhausted. Between work, the heat, and the news, I could use a little decompression, which I'm planning for this weekend. It's supposed to be HOT, so I'm still a bit unsure of how I'll deal. Maybe I'll stay indoors and take care of some of the stuff that's been pushed aside, maybe I'll hop a ferry out to an island (I'm leaning towards taking the responsible route). Who knows. Tonight I'm off to Thompson's Point, and outdoor venue here in Portland, to see Lord Huron with a pal who's in from out of town. Hope your weekend plans include plenty of relaxation. XO

It's definitely not baking weather but damn... Creme Fraiche Chocolate Chunk Cookie Bars

OMG, a Gossip Girl reboot? I'm here for it!

On Instagram this week we were discussing what to wear to a funeral - I ended up ordering this dress because I can wear it again, even in colder weather. A few more funeral attire options: This button-up dress, this chic wrap dress, this long sleeve option, this sleek jumpsuit, and this short wrap option.

Have you been to the beach yet this year? I've been living on my paddle board on the weekends and have my eye on some cute floral bikinis like these and some bright and cute beach accessories (that pineapple fan!)

And of course a great pair of sunglasses

Whose job is it to clean up the world's messes? Ours? Women's?

Mango's sale is on sale! Get an extra 20% off 4 or more items. I'm eyeing up this gingham midi dress, this polkadot dress, these strappy flat sandals, and this cowrie shell necklace

How vanity changes with age - love the varied perspectives in this piece

Aren't these handmade shell necklaces beautiful? Would be suuuuuper nice as an anniversary gift (cough, cough... just saying)

I'm going to a summer camp reunion next weekend (!!!) and am tempted to make this peanut butter s'mores dip (I mean... how good?!)

These handmade minimalist mugs are so pretty - perfect for morning coffee on the patio

You probably haven't heard, but the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is live. I'm thinking about these red loafers, this pretty makeup palette, and this set of perfume minis . And this eyelash serum!

Simple recipes for a really hot summer weekend

Save an extra 30% off sale items at Anthropologie. Loving this pretty top, this headband, and these fun throw pillows.