Sunday, May 19, 2019

Weekend Reading 5.19.19


Oh hey, it's been a minute. Or at least a couple of weeks. I just saw some silly video on Facebook about "MAYcember" – basically how May is crazy busy for parents because of school things, but I'm apt to believe May is insane for all of us. Am I right? I've been wrapped up with a huge work project over the past few weeks, and we're in the final home stretch. Which means the end is in sight but it's also the final, crazy push. I'm tired. I miss being home. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that I spent more time in cars this past week than I did in my own home – I found myself at the (fairly famous) Brimfield Fleas Market for a couple of days this past week, today I made a trip to MA to pick up some plants, and somewhere in between I photographed a friend's wedding (I wore the sheer midi dress above from this LA-based brand and got so many compliments!). I'm 100% ready for Memorial Day weekend!

ICYMI: My picks for cute rain gear

Now that it's finally (sort of) warming up here, I've been on the hunt for a cute pajama set. Love these fun tropical prints, these super cozy pieces (those lace-up shorts!), and of course need a sweet silk eye mask to finish it off

What you can do to help women in states with extreme abortion bans

Just buy the fu**ing latte - solid advice

I've been searching for a pair of basic sneakers to pair with dresses this summer and I think I found them... but also the leopard? 

A really good tote bag for someone who loves to cook

How pretty is Tieka's living room reveal? That big plant!

Loving pink & coral hues together for summer – it just makes me think of the beach!

Your weed-buying habits could help make the cannabis industry more ethical

I just ordered these pants and I'm in love - so comfy and perfect for summer and I wish they made more colors. Head's up though, they run large. Also really digging these cute shorts.

Look, I love true crime but this is also an important perspective: Don't use my family for your true crime story

Some really good looks: People watching at the Frieze Art Fair

I finally broke down and ordered new running sneakers this week and I love them (and yes, I'll be doing a review!)

The health revolution that could change your life (any guesses?)

This book is next on my list – sounds like the perfect summer beach read!

5 people who can help you love your body

I'm cookie-obsessed if you couldn't already tell – and man I really want to make these