Saturday, March 30, 2019

Weekend Reading 3.30.19


Happy weekend! This week felt about a million years long and I'm thrilled that the weekend is here – anyone else a day ahead all week? Definitely thought it was Thursday on Wednesday, so yeah, I'm ready for a couple of days off. Looks like rain this weekend, so I'm planning on unplugging for a bit and doing some spring cleaning and organizing, and maybe working on some tactile projects as well. This is entirely influenced by the podcast I'm listening to right now – Wild Ideas Worth Living from REI, specifically How to Unplug with Danny Kim (you can read the transcript here). As a social media manager and otherwise internet-oriented person, I find it really difficult to unplug for any length of time, but it's something I've been working on. This week was a total bust, though. I'm feeling a bit disconnected from my regular routine, so this weekend is all about getting back into it. Hope you have something fun and/or relaxing planned!

XO

ICYMI - my 3 favorite accessory trends for spring

Major Anthropologie sale alert: save an extra 40% off sale items ! I ordered this gorgeous skirt, and I have my eye on this dress and these shams - (discount in cart)

This bralette is so pretty and comes in the perfect springtime shades - love the blue!

Yum - these keto cadbury creme eggs look so good

We've been doing some simple organizing and updating to get ready for spring - loving these simple wall hooks for the bathroom or behind a door

Kind of obsessed with this gorgeous home - all that art!

Slim wide leg jeans are a thing and they're perfect for people like me who just can't do the super wide crops I'm seeing everywhere.

I think I'm going to make it a goal to bake something new each week - tomorrow I'm going to make this paleo carrot cake - the ingredients are actually reasonable (only 4 eggs instead of the usual dozen!)

How cool is this handmade concrete incense holder?

Love this look on Mara - and yes, she totally inspired me to get that skirt!

Topical: how to make your life more pleasurable

The important stuff: The dogs of the 2020 presidential race

This handmade eye pillow would be a pretty Mother's Day gift

Major news: Reformation just expanded their size range permanently - loving this simple dress and this must-have skirt

Did you watch Shrill? I loved it! What we can learn from Ryan, the bare-minimum boyfriend

How cool is this stained glass aloe vera plant?

Love this cute cat enamel pin

.