Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Favorite Summer Pieces on Sale


Currently re-acclimating after spending the past four days in Brooklyn. And by "re-acclimating" I mean I traveled from 70 and sunny in Williamsburg to 30 and actively snowing here in Maine. Woof. This weather was so unexpected, everyone's out of salt for the roads and most equipment has been stored for the season - so yeah, it's the rare occasion that we're all a little unprepared up here. And it's made me even more excited for warm weather – especially my warm weather wardrobe. I've been looking for a few special pieces to add to my summer closet and today Shopbop is kicking off their big spring sale save 20% off orders under $500 and 25% off orders of $500+ with the code EVENT19! (some exclusions apply - see all sale details here)
Code: EVENT19
20% off orders under $500
25% off orders of $500 or more

Offer expired April 12, 2019 at 11:59pm PT
By now, you know I love a Shopbop sale – they're the perfect way to score on something special you've had your eye on (I bought my Staud bucket bag during the last one and saved a bundle - so in love with the new light blue color BTW), or team up with co-workers or friends to get a deal.

Personally, I can't wait to pack away my boots and heavy sweaters (although you could argue that now is a great time to stock up on sale coats and discounted sweaters) in favor of lighter options. SO what am I looking for? Glad you asked...

Splitting my time between working from home and the physicality of the others aspects of my job means clothes have to be highly functional – so I'm looking for a couple of special day dresses that can go from couch (aka my office) to sourcing vintage furniture. You all know I love a midi dress especially if it looks good with sneakers– and these are always my warm weather go-to.

Some of my staple pieces from last year are looking a little tired, so I'm grabbing a few super soft basics (love that some come in a pack!) to wear with statement skirts and vintage pants and – let's be real – leggings

I'm dipping my toes in the neon trend in the smallest way possible – with a pair of neon sunglasses (I got the orange but I'm really torn on the green!)

As much as I love a vintage tee I'm also a sucker for gauzy spring blouses, especially paired with vintage-inspired denim! Loving these options and this is one of my favorite pieces in my closet right now.

What are you after? I'd love to know!