Friday, March 1, 2019

Weekend Reading 3.1.19



What. A. Week! Was there something in the air this week? A collective groan of the universe not working in our favor? I had a pretty terrible, no good week and it seemed like I wasn't alone in this. My car died this week, like, for good. Something I wasn't expecting to happen AT ALL, leaving Chris and I in the lurch for transportation (our beloved Volvo, Gertie, is also down for the count until we can fix her this summer). You know what I wasn't in the mood for? Buying a car. It was also a funny, if sad, realization that this car had seen us through a lot. We had it for eight years – through getting engaged, married, it moved us to Pittsburgh and Philly and back to Maine, it drove back and forth from all those places hundreds of times. Beyond the inconvenience, I'm bummed it's gone. SO, we've rented a car to get us through the next week and hopefully within that timeframe we will have figured out what to buy. Because I have no idea. This weekend isn't going to be much of a weekend at all - I have an event to photograph for work tomorrow and car shopping on Sunday. On the bright side – IT'S MARCH! Which means only one month until things start to warm up. Right? Right? Man I hope so.

Have a lovely weekend!

Heads up: the Shopbop sale has been extended through 3/4 at 4am ET! I'm eyeing these cat eye sunglasses for summer, a pair of white hightop sneakers (so cute with everything), and maybe a cozy robe to get through these last few weeks of winter. Use code GOBIG19 to save up to 25% off!

Find my other spring sale picks here

Some really good kids

The Free People sale section is really good right now - loving this cute mini croc bag, this cozy teddy coat, and this daisy print satin skirt (it's on sale in solid colors too - that green!)

Have you done the Proust questionnaire? These are also just great conversation starters.

The weather has been so dry lately - this super hydrating serum has saved my skin lately!

What's your guilty pleasure? (one mine is watching The Bachelor... don't judge)

Stocking up on allllll the acrylic hair clips! I just ordered these in 'flower' and 'hawksbill'

A good long read: The Kayak Killer is now trying to prove her innocence

So in love with this sheer, starry dress! I'd wear it over jeans with sneakers

Worth bookmarking: Bon Appetit's best recipes of February

Save an extra 50% off sale items from J.Crew! Love this fleece jacket and this sweater (it's definitely still winter here)

Is this not the cutest freaking cake?