Saturday, February 23, 2019

Weekend Reading 2.22


Well. That was more of a break than I meant it to be. If January felt like it was a million years long, February flashed by in the span of two seconds. Like everyone else it seems I'm 110% ready for spring to arrive, and while we've had our fair share of snow these past few weeks, there are glimpses of the season to come and it's downright thrilling. The sun is a little warmer, the sky is brilliant blue on most days – I even saw a robin in Brooklyn last week. But still, snow in the forecast for Sunday, so it's not over yet. Life has been quiet lately – between crazy work schedules and the winter blues, I've been feeling a dearth of inspiration and just focusing on cleaning out closets, etc. It's not exactly thrilling, but I'm hoping that by spring, the indoor stuff will be done and I can focus my attention on the outdoors. This weekend though, I'm hoping to get out. There's some snow on the ground so I'd love to get out for a snowshoe and need to drop my snowboard off to get tuned up so I can get to a mountain after work next week. What are you up to? Have a lovely weekend, friends, and if you're looking for something to read, try or share, click below!

You know what I'm excited for? Lighter fabrics and the feeling of a breezy spring dresses on bare legs. And a cute pair of sandals. And a really fun neon bag.

Chris's birthday is coming up, which means I get to make a cake! This Earl Grey tea cake sounds incredible.

I've been stocking up on fun boots this winter - deciding between these platform Dr, Martens and these cool point toe Dr. Marten boots  (and these are my secret to making non-winter boots super cozy)

You guys, I started watching YOU on Netflix this week... and basically didn't stop. Have you seen it? So creepy! But so well done - I love how it sort of makes you root for Joe at some points because of how the characters are presented. Also - it's based on a book.

I've been looking for a simple piece of workout equipment to use on too snowy days - the roads have been crazy icy lately so it's actually hard to even just go for a walk. And I got a rebounder! So far, I love it but I'll write a full review in a month.

If you're looking to freshen up your space, I picked up this candle while in New York last week and it smells so. good. A little smoky and spicy - just perfect.

This is my favorite Instagram account and one I didn't know I needed. So. Much. Joy. and also hilarious.

This is important: Tax tips for the self-employed 

This dress. on Krystal. Such an awesome story and seriously - HOW GORGEOUS?!

Have you watched Kitbull yet? Do it. You'll cry.

Crushing on pearl hair clips lately