Sunday, November 4, 2018

Weekend Reading 11.4


Happy Sunday, pals. How has your weekend been so far? We had friends come into town on Friday evening, so we've spent the past couple of days running around in the rain doing all the Maine things. We went to terrible karaoke on Friday, out to the miss Portland Diner on Saturday, visited the L.L. Bean boot (of course), ate whoopie pies, went to Tandem and saw some lighthouses. Not bad for a weekend of mostly awful weather. They flew home this morning – of course, the weather is now perfect – so I'm spending the afternoon catching up on some work and enjoying Portland. Chris and I have been spending our weekends either hiking or working on finishing up our apartment, so it feels like ages since I've just spent a little time in the city. Which is funny, because we live right here. Anyway - it's November! I don't know what it is, but I'm so excited about the next month – and I feel like it's about to fly right by. I took a little time to fill out my calendar yesterday and it feels a little overwhelming, but I can't wait for the holidays. how about you?

XO

Just for you! Orchid Grey readers get 15% off sustainable style brand Fauxgerty for the next 7 days - use this link to take advantage (you can see how I wear it here)

Never one to turn down a cute embroidered bag - how sweet is this vintage option?

Cute DIY slippers for all your holiday gifts

On my November wishlist: Animal print everything, a great pair of sneakers, and something pretty to put in my hair before it's hat weather for months!

Women on $10 bills

Heads up! J.Crew is having a major sale - save 30% off your total purchase! Wanting this cozy mock neck sweater, this ultra cushy scarf, and this beautiful faux fur coat

OK - officially the cutest Halloween costume

This set of vintage brass planters would look so pretty filled with air plants

Yes, I would love to eat this caramel apple cheesecake, why do you ask?

Guys – I finally found the perfect affordable linen duvet cover! (we got 'sour cream' and it's the perfect warm-ish cream white color)

How to clean vintage rugs and leather sofas - much needed advice!

Officially on the hunt for a dress for the holiday - pretty obsessed with this handmade velvet dress, and loving this linen top by the same maker

7 macrame projects to try (that market bag!)

A beautiful pumpkin spice colored dress for fall (with knee-high suede boots? And a big cozy scarf? Yes!

The paleo/AIP waffles in the pic above were made using this recipe - so good!