Friday, October 19, 2018

Weekend Reading 10.19


Suddenly we went straight to early winter this week in Maine – even waking to a few snowflakes on Tuesday morning... yikes. I don't mind it, as long as the real snow holds off for just a little bit longer. I'm not quite ready for total hibernation (still looking for used spin bikes to get me though the winter feeling sane). I'm in North Conway, NH today while Chris works, nothing new, as this is the area where we're both from, but a nice change of scenery for the end of the week. Last night we attended LL Bean's Boots & Brews event with a bunch of local breweries, which was fun, and this weekend we're planning on finishing up our second bedroom in preparation for friends visiting in early November and then the holidays. I'm also planning on listing a ton of stuff for sale on Poshmark and maybe my Depop too because next week is surfboard week. I've been selling off a ton of stuff as motivation and to help save up for a surfboard and wetsuit, and our local shop is having an event on Wednesday where they'll have some used soft tops for sale. I'm very, very excited about this. Perhaps silly to be buying a surfboard as we go into winter, but I think it's just something to make the days go by quicker 'till spring. Hope your week was a good one xo

ICYMI: My favorite under $200 boots for fall

I love vintage trivets like these - so pretty as part of a centerpiece too!

Grammar matters.

I'm in full nesting mode right now – I just really want our apartment to feel "finished" - and just bought this pretty neutral duvet cover.

A great post from Jess about how to be an informed voter

Speaking of home stuff, Lulu & Georgia is having a huge anniversary sale with 25% off sitewide. Super obsessed with this rug and this chic floor lamp

An anarchist desert town

Because winter feels about 10 years long and it's stretching in front of me: more fun sweaters like this

Curious about this book - gorgeous cover!

This pearl beaded handbag is so cute and well under $100

Yum - definitely making these grain-free waffles this weekend!

Obsessing over red shoes lately - love these sleek (but totally walkable) boots

Madewell is having a 30% off sale on everything! Love this retro striped sweater, this cozy colorblock sweater, and these great corduroys

A super easy Halloween pumpkin DIY by your's truly :)

How chic is this plaid overcoat? I'd wear it with a black turtleneck sweater and jeans (predictable!)

Super curious to try this brand of organic lipsticks - super want that lip serum too