Friday, June 22, 2018

Weekend Reading 6.22

 photo ACS_0294_zpsqbxmwb1j.jpg


Say it with me now: What. A. Week. If you're like me, you're probably feeling super burnt out from the latest news cycle - this one was particularly rough. I hope we've all done our due diligence and called or donated or helped in the way that feels right (check out Daily Action for helpful ways to do this), but I also hope we can all give ourselves a little love this weekend, too. Now more than ever, the realities of the world feel like they could crush us and it's important to take care of yourself and your mental health.

For me, that means stepping away from technology this weekend as much as I can. Tomorrow, Chris and I are headed to New Hampshire to see my dad and maybe do some hiking if the rain holds up. I want to make this strawberry cake as a belated step-Mother's/Father's Day celebration treat, it looks so good! I'm also hoping to stop by my mom's to pick up some rhubarb to use for strawberry crisp. Sunday looks like rain, but if it holds off, we're headed to buy some plants. Our couch is finally here and I'm so ready to put the sorta-finishing touches on our apartment. It's a weekend of doing things and I can't wait to get away from the news. What's on your agenda? Hope it's something fun and/or relaxing!

xoxo


Some useful links for information and ways to help now:

This post from Cup of Jo does an amazing job of breaking it all down, especially what's happening now that that families could be reunited (currently there's no plan or timeline)

On June 30th, there are rallies taking place across the country - here's how to find yours

More links for your weekend:

Would love to add this vintage butcher block to my kitchen

I've been wearing the hell out of my espadrilles this summer and need some new sandals already - loving these pretty options

The fundraiser that raised $12 million in 5 days (the original goal was $1,500)

This book is officially on my NEED list

Because #selfcare: rice krispie treat ice cream sandwiches. OMG.

Really into these rad vintage festival pants

A funny thing happened in Maine this week: I ran into Keiko on the street! So fun to see Maine through her eyes, and it was nice to see an old blogging friend

So obsessed with this affordable swimwear - I just got this suit and LOVE it (for reference because the sizing can be confusing, I'm a 6 in top and 8 in bottoms)

Hello. This is my dream home.

A pool float for people who hate pool floats

So in love with this look on Tieka

I just bought this lip serum and can't wait to try it - will update!

Major street style inspo at Pitti Uomo

Obsessed with this entire outfit, but especially those jeans!

Etsy is having a HUGE birthday sale! love these cool tulle socks and this pretty white dress

Another white button-up dress to obsess over and it's 40% off! (love this one too)

Save 30% off J.Crew - including these adorable earrings (and these too)