Friday, January 24, 2020

Weekend Reading 1.24.2020



My goodness – how is it already January 24th? This month somehow felt a million years long and also so very short. I've just gotten back from a long day on the road from work and to say I'm exhausted and excited for the weekend would be an understatement. I have NO PLANS. Other than a haircut and to maybe make a trip to Sephora to re-up on this serum (it's a hit, will review soon). Also, it's my birthday on Monday so I'll be doing some thinking in terms of how I'd like to celebrate. I'm not a huge birthday party person, but do enjoy using the day (and let's be honest, the days leading up to the day) as an excuse to treat myself a bit. This year I'm not going crazy because I'm planning on visiting family in Florida soon (sun! warmth!), but I'd like to maybe get myself another pair of these leggings or maybe an extra cozy cashmere piece (love these). January's been a quiet month for me, I've been working more on myself than spending much energy on outward things, trying to get my head in the game for a new year and just generally feeling like a hibernating bear. I hope you're having a cozy month too! xo

I've really been missing running lately – the sidewalks here are so icy it feels impossible – but loved these tips for running in winter from Grace

January always sends me into a major style rut and I've been feeling super uninspired lately. I think . it's time for a closet clean out soon... I've been eyeing these under $200 finds (love that leopard top handle bag!), a cute pair of jeans, and an edgy tee or sweatshirt (love this designer's pieces)

Prepare to be mesmerized by fish (also the headline is pretty cute)

I just ordered these pants and i can't waittttt to wear them – apparently I'm slowly morphing back into my high school self? But so cute with a chunky sweater and equally chunky sneakers (and chunky jewelry? Yes, that too!)

More of this please: 3 older women style their favorite pieces from their closets. "The pants are plaid, and well, they're fabulous")

Ogee has two new lip tint shades and they're gorgeous - Elenia, a soft coral, and Fuchsia – use my code 'JulieLovesOgee' for 15% off!

"Would you adopt this jerk?"

Speaking of new colors – Thinx also launched two new shades, Juniper & Pine, and they're so pretty. Shop through my Leaders profile for $10 off your first order! I also recently wrote a piece about Thinx if you're like to learn more

This was really useful: 5 ways to actually solve your shoe storage

A really great sale: save an extra 50% off sale items from Anthropologie! This puffer coat looks so cozy and I'm seriously considering this snake-print puffer

In case you need some dinner inspiration: 30 sheet-pan dinners & desserts (my dinner tonight was an RX Bar and some cashews so all of these look incredible)

Heads up: If you're looking for cashmere on sale, here it is, plus take an extra 25% off with the code 'Sale25'!