Sunday, November 24, 2019

Weekend Reading 11.24



Happy snowy Sunday – I'm feeling pretty cozy, getting some work done before the holidays hit this week. I know for a lot of people, the holidays start right after Halloween – at least they do in my work life – but for me, I like to wait until Thanksgiving for my real life. Unlike last year though, I'm actually excited to decorate. Last holiday season I felt so overwhelmed by work holiday responsibilities that I really didn't enjoy the holidays at all, but this year I feel differently. Life has been busy, for sure, but I'm determined to actually set boundaries this year and enjoy myself. On Tuesday, Chris and I have tickets for A Drag Queen Christmas, which I'm so excited about (the last time we went was when we still lived in Philly and I consider this our holiday tradition), and we have a mini getaway planned soon too. I haven't started shopping yet, though! Have you? I need to make my list and check out some local shop small events. Hope you're enjoying a cozy Sunday, too xo

I've been double cleansing for about 6 months now – using an oil-based cleanser to remove makeup then following with a second cleanser – and I feel like my skin is responding really well This is my favorite oil cleanser and it's on sale right now!

Bookmark this: the 20 must-read books of 2020. Helpful as I'm without a book to read at the moments and as a result, spending way too much time on my phone before bed!

It's been COLD here since basically October 1st, and I've been on the hunt for cute, cozy winter accessories to compensate. Love this fuzzy striped hat, this fluffy knit beanie, and this classic red hat made from recycled material

Could sleeping separately be the key to a happy marriage? Would you do it?

Blair's new holiday pieces for Nordstrom are SO FUN! Obsessed with this star dress and this beaded handbag

Do you always get new pajamas for the holidays? These cute and cozy pjs would be so cute as a gift or for yourself!

Confession: Chris and I no longer speak to the person who performed our wedding ceremony. Have you ever broken up with a friend? Here's why friendship breakups hurt so much

Do you dress up for the holidays? I love to wear something a little fancy and these velvet and satin pieces are perfect for holiday party dressing!

have you heard of boiled cider? It sounds like the perfect DIY holiday gift!

This cozy sweaterdress actually looks wearable! So cute with black tights and a great pair of hiker boots. This midi length sweaterdress looks so chic too

These personalized hair clips would make the perfect gift for friends or a co-worker

Easy cookie recipes you'll make on repeat – bookmarking!

Moorea Seal is having a huge site-wide sale! Love these coveralls and this thick knit cardigan coat

All candles are 20% off at Anthropologie! I bought this one in Espresso a couple of weeks ago and it makes my house smell like a coffee shop in the best way

Pop the champagne! The Victoria's Secret fashion show has been CANCELLED

Such a pretty nail color for winter