Friday, November 23, 2018

Weekend Reading (+ Black Friday Sales Worth Shopping)


Happy Friday! Yes, we really do have snow – a lot of it! If you're in the states, I hope you had a fun and relaxing Thanksgiving. Chris and I spent Thanksgiving separately this year, he at his dad's and I traveled to see family in MA. It was great, but we're definitely looking forward to a low key weekend actually spent together. I've been traveling locally a ton lately for work, with lots and lots of driving, so all I want right now is to be home. I have the day off today, so I'm looking forward to shopping a few sales (linked below), maybe doing a little holiday decorating, and getting to the gym – and snuggling with Zephyr. As busy as we've been lately, this is the first holiday season in a while where I don't feel absolutely out of my mind, and I think it's because we're not traveling as far to see family. Instead of the holidays being An Event that takes place over several days, it's pretty life-changing to have the whole thing just be a day trip. On Saturday we're planning on walking downtown to do a little Christmas shopping for Small Business Saturday and I can't wait to see Portland lit up for the holidays. We got a ton of snow this weekend, so things are looking especially magical around here. Have a wonderful holiday weekend, friends!

My girl Jess is having a sale in both her shops! Love this gorgeous vintage quilt and this incredible collar necklace

Save 20% off sitewide from & Other Stories – I've been eyeing this faux fur coat, this incredible velvet jumpsuit, and am definitely grabbing another one of these scarves

UO is BOGO - Buy one item, get the second 50% off! Obsessed with this incense holder and this sleek essential oil diffuser

The Shopbop sale is still going strong! Loving these shoe options (those faux-fur lined loafers!) and these cozy essentials

Glossier is having a major sale! I think it might be time for me to finally try this

Save up to $80 off at The Detox Market - Definitely grabbing this lip serum again and this gorgeous highlighter

Get a clean beauty mega bag with purchases over $75 from Biossance (I swear by this face oil)

30% off sitewide at Mango - loving this faux shearling coat and these sleek and basic tops

Shop all of Etsy's sales right here - This spice blend would make a great gift and I'd love to get Chris this personalized leather dopp bag

If you're looking for a good deal on a Vitamix, now is the time (dammit)

Save 30% off sitewide from Reformation! Love this perfect jean jacket

Save 50% off your entire purchase from J. Crew! So obsessed with this sherpa coat , this teddy coat, and this colorblock sweater

Everlane is doing something major for Black Friday too!

Save 30% off Ban.do! I really want this perfect sweatshirt

More links worth clicking...

ICYMI - How I manage seasonal depression (there's also a great discussion happening here)

Alternative rituals for giving thanks (you might recognize the author)

10 ways to eat pumpkin for breakfast

Where to shop on Small Business Saturday

Yum - this dessert sounds so comforting