Thursday, July 12, 2018

How To Wear A Vintage Wrap Dress

 photo ACS_0321_zpsnudypaow.jpg

Wear it any damn way you please. That's the answer. But personally, I prefer mine with some giant gold hoop earrings and a wide-brim hat, arguably the two pieces in my closet that are getting the most mileage this season (and these sandals too). I found this vintage wrap dress at a secondhand store here in Portland where it was masquerading as a duster jacket. But I knew it could be more – specifically, it reminded me a lot of current dresses from Reformation, which I love but cannot afford unless I'm up for spending a solid chunk of time scrolling through previously-loved options on Poshmark (where I found this one actually).  Luckily, like most things, it's all been done before and wrap dresses are easy enough to find vintage or secondhand wrap dresses. Will you have to make some adjustments? Probably (I've had to pin the interior of this one to make it less boxy). But doesn't it look cute with my new ride, Gertie the Volvo?



Details: Dress & bag: Vintage, Hat: Clay LA, Sandals: Sam Edelman, Earrings: Rackk & Ruin
 photo ACS_0356_zpsepcjgjgy.jpg
 photo ACS_0358_zpscwzhe3lh.jpg
 photo ACS_0357_zpsxgfn2ryw.jpg