Wednesday, June 13, 2018

White Lace Button-up Dress in The Old Port

 photo ACS_0250 copy_zpsjwa52gs0.jpg
 photo ACS_0247 copy_zpsoaf7kars.jpg
 photo ACS_0248 copy_zpsahrgumst.jpg
 photo ACS_0245 copy_zpsndf1hzl6.jpg


This past week, we've been getting the kind of weather that makes enduring the Maine winters worthwhile. While perpetually sunny SoCal may be tempting at times, as a born-and-bred New Englander, I like the appreciation that comes with dealing with one particularly long and cold season. Spring, summer, and fall? Absolutely stunning. Seasons when your heart feels like it could burst from your chest with happiness, all because you just dealt with what felt like 15 years of winter. Maybe we're all masochists, but that first day when you can finally trade in your sneakers for a pair of perfect leather sandals might be the happiest day of the year (yes, I'm exaggerating).

Anyway, after a blip of freezing cold weather last week (it was 45 degrees and people were angry), I've been enjoying finally breaking out my summer and spring wardrobe, including this super cute dress.



I've never met a white summer dress I didn't love. Case in point: This lace button-up number from Free People (which just so happens to be on major sale right now). I bought it awhile back (March, I think?) when warm weather was still just a pipe dream, and I was more than happy to finally bust it out this past weekend for an afternoon spent wandering Old Port Fest here in Portland. And by "afternoon" I mean about an hour –maybe two – before I felt overwhelmed and needed to head home. (crowds, amirite?)

Anyway, like I said, this dress and a ton of other summer-ready items are on major sale right now over on Shopbop – take an additional 25% off sale items with the code score18. I've linked a few of my favorites below, because their sales are the perfect time to pick up something you've had your eye on (I grabbed a cute pair of pajamas, a cozy robe, and a perfect red shoulder bag)




 photo IMG_2196 copy_zpsla853dy3.jpg
 photo ACS_0246 copy_zpsaq1gbm7s.jpg
 photo ACS_0249 copy_zpsdz4akyxb.jpg