Thursday, October 24, 2013

Johnny Cash Night

 photo OrchidGrey_October24-3_zps6399cc30.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_October24-6_zps9dbdfd2d.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_October24-4_zps0426f485.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_October24-5_zpsbda69b1e.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_October24-2_zps156b622e.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_October24-1_zps8abf9a6b.jpg

Once a year, the ELKS Lodge in Pittsburgh hosts a magical thing called Johnny Cash Night, at which you drink Makers Mark, spin a wheel for prizes, and eat amazing food, all while listening to a number of local bands pay tribute to The Man in Black. And every year, we manage to forget all about it until the week of, when we also manage to root out tickets. I love the spontaneity, it's a nice sort-of-surprise date night, a break from the norm, something that at this point could be considered tradition. This is what I wore on that particular evening, last month. I love red and pink paired together, and the easy silhouette of a skirt and sweater.

What I wore:
Top: Vintage/Allen Company Vintage 
Skirt: American Apparel
Jacket: Vintage Lee/Avalon Exc.
Flats: ModCloth (old)
Purse: Vintage/ Brimfield Flea
Valentine pin: Vintage/ Flea market

I wore this to Johnny Cash Night at the ELKS Lodge


Greta Gale said...

Gorgeous photos, love the shoes and the pin is too cute!

Flourish Blog

jessthetics said...

The light in these photos is so pretty. I love your jacket and your jumper, you look very classicly cool :)

Kitsune-kun said...

Sounds so fun! Luuurve your heart pin:)

Cara Howard said...

You have the most luscious and beautiful locks girly. xo

Haiku Ambulance said...

That top and pin are so made for each other.

[ And it's so funny to me that I internally swooned just knowing the top is from Allen Co. Vintage. I have loved their store photography and the way their etsy shop has the clothes grouped by colors. ANYWAY, it's just silly that an etsy seller can be so covetable-- like, I thought, "Ooo, how do I know that name?" ]

Ahem. I really love this look on you, and Johnny Cash night sounds like the funnest thing ever. The circle skirt is oh-so June.

Laura Neal said...

You are just such a babe. Always

Nancy Wilde said...

Johnny Cash tribute night? Sounds awesome! Gotta love the man in black :) You look so beautiful btw! x

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

I love Johnny Cash! That sounds like a wonderful night. Your outfit is very pretty, yet so simple, which I really love.

his little lady said...

I'm absolutely obsessed with this outfit! You are too cute girl! So happy to have stumbled across your blog today ;)
xo TJ

Stephanie Ryan said...

Wow, great photos! I'm loving that skirt too.

Signing Steph

valencia whatiwear said...

Hello ,

I'm Valencia, the community manager of WhatIWear. I checked out your blog, and I think your style is awesome! It should be seen by more people! That's why I'd like to invite you to With 900.000 page views a month, is the leading street style website in Asia. Plus, we're still growing, so it's perfect for rising fashionistas to have their chance to SHINE at the spotlight.

Maybe you can post these pics as your first looks on WhatIWear? I bet our members will be rooting for you as well!

We cannot wait to see your awesome style.
Click to get started.

See you soon,
Community manager

Laura Whitman said...

That sounds like such a fun event - I love your skirt! Also, what a great pin! I have the same one - such a great piece!


Maggie said...

There's actually a new Johnny Cash book... Heard it on npr today on the way to work :)

Anonymous said...

You look like the essence of Winnie Cooper!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!