Monday, February 10, 2020

Last Week's Wears: 2/3-2/7


We're officially in the depths of "Bad Winter", that is, the time in winter where it just ices and the world becomes a hard, icy hellscape that's difficult to move around in. So fun! So treacherous! Thing is though, last week began with a hint of spring, which made getting dressed actually fun for a couple of days. I haven't had much going on lately, so coupled with the weather I've really been reaching for reasons to get dressed. Like, really dressed in something other than yoga leggings and an oversized sweatshirt (TBH I would live in this combo if I could.... aaaaand it definitely makes an appearance below). Grocery store trip? Therapy appointment? Both good reasons to wear something other than my tried and true legging combo for an hour and a half. I'm including a couple of looks from late-January too, because I can:

Above: What year is it? 1999? 2000? I often call my style a grown-up version of what I wore in high school and this look is exactly that, right down the the wide-leg Dickies and Dr. Martens Jadon boots. However, instead of wearing a Ramones t-shirt and studded belt, I kept it age-36-appropriate and added a vintage polyester top, vintage liner jacket, vintage topcoat, and a pop of neon. I was headed out to photograph some accounts for work, so I needed something I could move in and this fit the bill. Needed a belt though.




Above: Ok, so there are definitely a few leggings looks in here – I can't help it. Jeans just really aren't my friend right now and frankly, leggings are just super comfy. SO HERE WE ARE. I bought this fleece and neon hat the weekend before and liked how they looked together, especially with my neutral sweater and boots. I wore this to work from a cafe downtown. It was cozy.



Above: Wore this to work on-site. Unless it's summer and I can wear a dress and sneakers, I usually wear a big sweater and leggings on on-site workdays simply because I'm moving so much. But this day I wanted to take advantage of the weather. I've been on the fence about whether or not to trim these jeans down. On the one hand, I'm into the full-length jeans look, on the other, I'm not sure I'm into the look on me. Regardless, I took advantage of a dry day with no snow to wear these Everlane boots, which I stupidly purchased at the beginning of the messiest time of year. They'll be great for spring though.



Above: Wore this to go buy that fleece and neon hat. It's been so icy and cold here, any day when I can wear sneakers feels like a revelation. 



Above: Wore this to therapy. Honestly my therapist might be the one person who sees me dressed most often. My top, jacket, hat, belt and jeans are all secondhand. I loved how classic this felt.