Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Vintage Jeans & Linen



If there's one thing that dominates my closet, it's denim. I don't know when the obsession started, but a good pair of jeans will always catch my eye. I wear jeans almost daily, they're an integral part of what I wear to work, especially when I'm out sourcing vintage and am apt to get dirty. Denim is forgiving in just so many ways – the more beat up, the better. I'm always on the hunt for it in vintage and thrift stores, but more recently I'd been eyeing the Everlane Edition 2 Wide Leg Crop Jeans but just hadn't pulled the trigger.

Well, I'm glad I waited.

As much as I love the Everlane jeans, I came across the vintage pair you see here at Curator up in Rockland, Maine – who now boasts a pretty incredible women's selection – and fell in love. They're cut similarly, but just a little slimmer through the leg. And they're clearly built to last, having held up for what I'm guessing is at least 30+ years (I think they're late '70s Calvins). Paired with a linen top from one of my favorite sustainable brands, I put together what I consider to be the ideal early summer outfit: Comfortable, polished, simple.




All content ©Julie O'Boyle-Sharp