Saturday, December 8, 2018

Weekend Reading 12.8


Big sigh of relief that it's the weekend. No matter how hard I try, I always reach a certain point in the holiday season where it all just gets a little overwhelming. I feel as though I've had my head down a little bit this week, just trying to get through and knowing that soon, things will be a little calmer. I like the holidays, but I like the big sigh of relief that January beings more. This weekend we're hitting up another big craft fair here in Portland (Picnic), grabbing drinks and then breakfast with a couple sets of friends, and doing a little decorating (still trying to figure out the whole Christmas tree situation). Hope yours is a good one, friends.

Remembering Anthony Bourdain

Love this: Shopbop has a brand new Amazon shop! You know I'm a huge fan of Shopbop, now and this shop makes shopping for gifts and holiday looks that much easier (especially if you're like me and realize you need a new holiday dress two days before a party – Prime shipping, baby)

ICYMI: Talking about taking care of your clothes (on my list for this weekend: the tailor and the dry cleaner!)

Speaking of holiday looks - love these perfect party dresses and these earring options (these vintage pieces would be perfect as well_

Applause all around: Girlfriend Collective just expanded their size range up to 6XL. I think it's time to invest in new leggings.

How to be kinder to yourself

Pretty serving ware that doesn't scream 'holiday' but still feels festive

Netflix Christmas movies, ranked. Get ready to cackle.... but also get ready to want to watch them all?

I bet this Christmas candle smells so good

How to throw a better holiday party

Sale-on-sale from J.Crew: Take an extra 50% off! Love this cozy jacket

If you're feeling the holidays on a not-particularly-great cellular level, this green C smoothie sounds really, really good.

Love this post from Joanna: when your partner isn't into the holidays

These cute earring sets would be a sweet gift for a friend

"Shame is the opposite of art" – worth reading