Friday, December 28, 2018

Weekend Reading 12.28


This is it, the last weekend before the new year – can you believe it? The days between Christmas and New Year's Eve have always been some of my favorites, they're typically quieter, a little more relaxed, the calm after the storm of the holidays. We finally get our weekends back! I've been allowing myself to step back a bit this week - not on social media as much, relaxing a bit before the new year starts, trying to think hard about what I hope to harness and achieve in the year to come. I'm not a huge fan of NYE celebrations because I hate spending the first day of the year hungover. I'd much rather use the 31st and the 1st to feel good and set the tone for what's to come. We're stopping by a friend's party on Monday (I'll be home before midnight, I can guarantee you), then on Tuesday I'm headed to a New Year's Day yoga class and starting a Whole 30 for the month. January is always a good month for me, it's typically sunny and clear here in Maine, and it's my birth month! Hope the final weekend of 2018 is a good one for you! xo

This vintage camp blanket is calling. my. name.  (It matches this perfectly)

Beautiful, humanizing portraits of 19th-century Chinese patients

This vintage '70s dress would be super cute with knee-high boots

My 2019 mood: This keychain

Mango has some beautiful pieces on major sale right now: these high-waist wide leg pants (in my cart), this shearling teddy jacket, and this striped sweater to name a few faves

By now, we've all seen Michelle Obama's Balenciaga boots, but I'm going to show them to you again.

Another sale worth shopping: Shopbop - some of my favorite items in my closet are on major discount: this belt bag (under $40), these snake boots, this leather jacket, these incredibly chic loafers (go 1/2 size down)

15 Winter Self-Care Ideas

The case for leaving your holiday lights up all year round (we're leaving the lights we strung around our dining room and office windows up - they cast the perfect comforting glow!)

A good long-read: Bastard

One last sale to shop: J.Crew. Take an extra 50% off sale items - like this gorgeous wrap dress, this velvet tank, this wintery anorak, and this beautiful coat

7 ways to improve your job performance that have nothing to do with your job

Chris gave me this book for Christmas and I can't wait to dive in, so to speak.

Low rise jeans. What say you? That's gonna be a big ol' "nope" from me, dawg.

Something to make you smile: Amy Sedaris's charming and kooky apartment