Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Old Favorites, New Favorites




In this outfit:
Top c/o Lulu's
Skirt: Vintage / Avalon ($16)
Heels: Forever 21 ($13 sale, so old)
Bracelets: Vintage from childhood

Where I wore it: To the office!

Please excuse the self-indulgent amount of photos here, I just really, really loved this outfit. After about two weeks of deliberating, I bought this skirt from Avalon this past weekend and I do not regret it. It's hard to tell with the pattern being so crazy, but if you look closely, you can see the weird, puffy pockets on the hips. People seem to be pretty opinionated when it comes to that store (similar to Buffalo Exchange, for those of you not in PGH), but I personally like it. Sure, it's no substitute for an actual thrift store, but I've found some great vintage pieces (like this skirt), along with some J.Crew staples, all for relatively cheap.

I've been on the hunt for a couple of slouchy, cropped sweaters to go with this and a few other high-waisted skirts, but in the meantime I'm enjoying dressing for what seems to be the last of our warm weather. It's always interesting dressing for those very specific times of year where it's in the 40's and freezing in the morning, and by mid afternoon the temperature had climbed to the high 70's. Also, these shoes. I should have bought five pairs when they were on sale at F21 years ago, they're an all-time favorite for their versatility and comfort and I'm pretty much willing them to survive at this point.