Thursday, September 6, 2012

Lavender Blue

In this outfit:
Dress: Vintage - defunct shop in Beverly ($25)
Vest: Thrifted ($5)
Belt: American Apparel (old)
Bracelets: F21 ($3-ish)
Heels: Jeffrey Campbell from ModCloth
Earrings c/o Lulu's

Where I wore it: To the office, out for a beer

It's been over two years since I wore this dress. One of my favorite vintage pieces (but let's be honest, they're all my favorite), lately it's been shoved in the back of my closet, deemed a little too cutesy for my taste these days. However, as soon as I put this outfit together, I regretted having not worn it for so long. I think I have to remind myself that, sometimes, an outfit that's straight-up pretty is OK. If that makes sense. For the past six months, I feel as though I've had a pretty clear vision of what I want my wardrobe to be, which I'm happy about, but on the flip side, I'm realizing that as I get older I need to be cognizant of not closing myself off from things just because in my head I think something's "too young". The right accessories go a long way, and clothes are supposed to be fun.

Anyways, now that I've bored you to tears with DEEP THOUGHTS on your Thursday morning. This is what happens when I don't get enough sleep, I wax philosophical on my closet and try to sound all smaht n'stuff. You can see how I last wore this dress, way back in 2010 right here.