Monday, August 2, 2010

Weekend Style File: Swap Style

How was your weekend? Lovely? I hoped so! I had an extremely refreshing weekend, after the chaos of last week dealing with hospitals, broken hands, my brother moving, and happy engagements, I was really excited for what the weekend had in store for me. On Saturday, Chris and I woke up bright and early to drive to Worcester to attend another swap hosted by the Swapaholics! I was so excited to go, it's always exciting to score some sweet free clothes, but I was even more excited to hang out with Jen, Punky, and Melissa, and maybe see some more blogging friends in the process! I was also excited that Chris got to come with me this time, last swap he had to work, and I was happy he got to see what the swaps are all about!
All Photos: Kev
On me:
Dress: Vintage ($20)
Shoes: Forever 21 ($13 sale)
Bag: H&M ($17)
Belt: Ribbon (from another dress)

On Chris:
Vest/shirt/tie: J.Crew Outlet
Jeans: RRL Selvedge
Shoes: Thrifted and resoled
Glasses: Ray Ban
(and no, I don't dress him)

I know this is a pretty dressy outfit for a day spent swapping clothes, but dress-up occasions are few and far between these days. I was happy to wake up Saturday morning to find the weather in the mid-70's, finally a cooler day! It was perfect to break out the socks with sandals look I've been dying to try, to tell you the truth, I kind of hate socks, they always make my feet feel constrained, which is why I've really been living in sandals this summer. I fell in love with these pink ones from ModCloth though, and decided to give them a try. They went perfectly with my new-to-me vintage dress, which I picked up at a shop in town on Friday. I realized when I bought this that it's been forever since I actually bought vintage deliberately, rather then finding it at a thrift store. I love vintage shopping, but rarely have the money for it, this pretty dress was just too amazing to pass up though (I did end up hemming it to a more flattering above-the-knee length). To toughen it up and balance the black hearts on the tights, I added a black ribbon for a belt, and my black studded bag.
Winkle Pickers: Jeffrey Campbell ($40 sale)
I was smart enough to pack some flat shoes, knowing I wouldn't last more than three hours in the heels, I changed into my JC's later in the day. Isn't Jen's dress pretty? It's not pictured, but it has the cutest lace panel in the back. After the swap we headed to Punky's for a cookout, which was much needed.

Sunday was even more relaxed, I spent the day on the beach in Gloucester with two friends who began a cross country journey this morning. I didn't take pictures, because it wasn't that kind of day. But it was nice and we ate watermelon slush and got sunburned (i know).

I have SO MUCH to catch up on this week, I haven't forgotten about ring photos, and all the other stuff I have planned, it's on the way!

Tomorrow I'll have a full re-cap of the swap, including my finds from the day!