Saturday, May 12, 2012

Lately


If you're ever worried that you post too many pictures of your cat/dog/fish/bird/shoes on your blog. Don't worry. Just pay me a visit and you'll feel so much better about yourself. Zeb enjoys walking on me at all hours and throwing me looks of scorn/pity. Zephyr enjoys burrowing while I work. This is my life (I'm not complaining).

Here's what I've been up to:

Lusting after:
These patterned-trimmed cork soled wedges and this simple maxi from Lulus
A pretty lotus candle holder for our porch and these beautiful Swedish Hasbeens from Ruche.
Can this high-low dress and this bright bracelet from Spotted Moth just get in my closet already?
This pretty watercolor dress from Le Lapin D'or (receive 10% off with the code "grey10")
This sheer maxi from Bluesville, USA, so pretty! (receive 15% off with the code "orchidgrey")
This amazing cat necklace by Merl.
This orange and cream striped top.
I need to just stop visiting Lauren's shop, every time I do, I'm met with beauty of this caliber.

Listening to:
My phone on shuffle, which is a weird and disconcerting mix of: Bollywood Steel Guitar, The Kinks, Danzig, Belle and Sebastian, The Eagles of Death Metal, and Witchcraft. If you ever want to feel a little-but only a little- off balance, listen to this list of artists on shuffle. I need to add music to my phone, stat.

Wearing:
Cut-off shorts, a loose-knit sweater, high-low t-shirt, and sandals. This is why I love warm weather, I'm in freaking heaven.

Reading:
After talking with a friend about Dan Savage's book The Commitment, I'm really interested in reading it. This news of Tom Gabel (of Against Me! fame) coming out as trans is pretty incredible and just incredibly brave, and the first time in a while that I've been compelled to pick up a Rolling Stone. This interesting article about older skateboarders- Chris and I were recently talking about "The Fear" (the mindset you get into as an older- or rather- slightly older-than-normal skateboarder who's hurt themselves one too many times), not that either of us is close to middle-age...or driving a BMW. I'm still in the midst of waffling between Then Again and Devil in the White City. Do you have any book recommendations?

Looking forward to:
Sunday brunch and a movie night, I really want to see Dark Shadows and the Avengers, anyone seen either?

Have a great weekend!