Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The blues are still blue

This is a scheduled post as I will be at the gallery receiving work tonight! Saturday is just around the corner!
(If I look tired, it's because I am. I took these early early this morning)
Mens Shirt: Salvation army in Framingham, MA (2.00)
Suede Skirt: Goodwill in Harrison, ME (2.99)
Tights: Target (5.00)
Shoes: Target sale (6.99)
Necklaces: H&M and Dolly and Boy
When I woke up this morning it was very lightly snowing, which only means one thing: I want comfort. Comfort food, comfort drinks, and comfort clothes. This isn't what I was planning on wearing at all today, but I realized I haven't worn this mens button down in months and it seemed appropriate for the kind of day it was. It's super old and worn in, the perfect soft thing. With the busy plaid pattern and my hair down, I didn't feel like it needed too much accessorizing: just a couple of long necklaces. I like how the sleeves almost look like they're dolman sleeves, but it's just because of how big the shirt is.

I'm on second day hair today, which is great because all I had to do was finger-comb it and touch up the front with my curling iron. I'm never too perfect with curling it, I'll leave a lot straight. My goal is for it to look as natural as possible (plus it requires less effort). Occasionally I'll curl the whole thing but I just end up feeling too sweet and like a poodle.
So I hope some of you can come to the gallery show! You can also visit the This Collective Pull blog to read more about it and be connected to the Facebook group. I'm really excited for the opening on Saturday, but I'm also a little excited for the quiet and solitude that Sunday will bring with it! I'm a hermit at heart!