Monday, October 23, 2017

The October Edit


It seriously blows my mind that it's almost November - HOW?! It's been pretty amazing being back in Maine for the fall, but also becoming abundantly clear that I've been living in the city for 10 years... I've spent most of the month in yoga pants without doing the actual yoga... and I'm not proud of it. The change of scenery has forced me to reevaluate a little bit and think of ways to stay comfy while working from home without feeling like a complete slouch. Trips to town have been my little ray of light for getting actually dressed, so I've been experimenting with more layered looks that are still casual. Living in my checkered Vans and vintage Levi's per usual, this time with more sweaters and cozy, fluffy coats. Knowing the temperature will soon drop dramatically has me thinking more practically, and right now I'm searching out the perfect pair of well-treaded winter boots that will keep me from falling on my ass once things ice over. It sounds complicated, but honestly living in a new environment has been a fun puzzle to solve (and how laid-back things are here is admittedly a bit refreshing).