Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Moody Dark and Dreary

 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_April282014-5_zps4abf1397.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_April282014-1_zpsccd4557a.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_April282014-3_zpsf3d1057c.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_April282014-2_zps5daa1d7c.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_April282014-4_zps8cea6802.jpg
Do you ever just look at a photo of yourself and think, "Jesus I look tired"? OK -- self-pity party over (sorta). Thanks to those that left comments on yesterday's post, sometimes it's comforting just to know we all have our struggles (as much as I wish we didn't). For the time being, I'm not dwelling on things that are still up in the air. I'll deal with them when they need to be dealt with. Monday was a new day, and after spending Sunday flipping my closet from winter to spring/Summer, I actually felt like getting dressed. Like, in a nice way. Even though the weather tried to thwart me. This is big news, as I've mostly been living in baggy jeans and tee shirts for the past week (or possibly longer).

To be honest, spring is the season I find most confounding when it comes to clothing. As soon as winter hints at receding, I want to immediately ditch my boots for sandals and shorts, jump straight into summer. As you may have noticed, I'm a big fan of brass jewelry, and I loved how this vintage harness belt and necklaces from Black Crystals stood out against the dark denim of my dress.

+ Black Crystals is offering 15% off for Orchid Grey readers with the code 'orchidgrey' (how incredible are these earrings?

Wearing: Necklaces c/o Black Crystals // Dress (similar) & belt (similar): Vintage // Boots: Jeffrey Campbell // Jacket c/o Aeropostale (similar)


Ingrid Orens said...

You look great in these photos ! Lovely dress, by the way !

Gwen said...

Hang in there, Julie! I know exactly what you mean about seeing the truth on your own face in a picture. I'm in a very "up in the air" situation myself, and it does make you tired, living with uncertainty.

Anyway, holy crayola that belt is made of awesome. And your dress is just too cool. :)

Emily Baker said...

we'll get out of our funks soon enough, dear!

Adrienne Scott-Trask said...

Great outfit!
Love that jacket!
-Adrienne. xo

Citizen of the World
Citizen of the World

Cai said...

You're gorgeous!!! I loved loved loved this outfit

myedit said...

Oh Julie, I'm sorry things are crappy now. I'm afraid my 'wine'advice is not the best thing... But you do loo like a little stunner and that belt is crazzzzzy good.

veryveronique.com said...

I love your jacket! It's just perfect. Anyways, hope you feel better and things start looking up, give a cuddle to that awesome cat of yours for me:)

Kitsune-kun said...

such a cool belt! loving this backdrop as well- dreamy. good luck with everything!

Alison Colby said...

Phenomenal outfit, Julie. You look great!

XO Alison

Carsla Peyton said...

Hello Gorgeous! You should wear blue more often! Lovely blog. & Looking forward to your future posts. :D

<3 Carsla
Founder & CEO of Connect-the-Cloths
A stylist, foodie, & writer's blog in development.

Jamie Rose said...

Hope things start looking up for you! I always feel a little more comforted when others share their struggles or are at least sympathetic to my life complaints on my blog.
Also I definitely know what you mean about thinking I look tired in my pictures. I don't think you look tired here though. You look awesome in that denim dress and super cool belt!

Janessa said...

Girlfriend, I've followed you for three years and never commented, but this must be said:

This whole outfit is sex. Hot damn. You go girl.

(Posted by straight, non-creepy, female who just feels like women gotta pump up each others' sexiness sometimes)

Seeking Style said...

I aways look at pictures of my self and think "Jesus!..." followed by something or another haha! You are looking fabulous!

xo Jennifer


courtney conway said...

Love the outfit and the blog!


Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!