Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Jumping the Gun

 photo OrchidGrey_February252014-4_zps8de0b03f.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February252014-3_zps53aba628.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February252014-2_zps27153af5.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February252014-1_zps4fad47d1.jpg
Photos by Alyssa Catalano

Before you call me crazy, understand that is was 50 degrees on Saturday. After the winter we've had, that may as well be summer. Not only that, but the sidewalks were dry and the sun was out. The stars were aligned; it was the perfect day to break out my new sneakers without worrying if I'd ruin them, and throw on a tank (under a sweater and jacket) without worrying that I'd freeze to death. As much as I love a cozy sweater, I've been dreaming of sun on my shoulders and sand on my feet. I want summer, and I want it now.

I can't wait to wear this tank with cut-offs and Birkenstocks next season. Swell was kind enough to send over this top, and a very breezy maxi dress for me to style, and as I wait for the temperature to get above freezing (it's back to the 20s now), I've been figuring out ways to wear them in February. The sheer act of eschewing a heavy sweater in favor of a light tee and a couple of layers is enough to make me giddy. On this particular day, I was up and out of the house early for a thrifting date, so sneakers, jeans, and a few favorite accessories were what I threw on before I rushed out the door. 

Wearing: Tank c/o Swell // Jacket: Vintage // Jeans: H&M // Nike Air Max 1 x Liberty OG sneakers // Necklaces c/o Seahag & Walrus // Purple necklace: Swapped // Hat: Anti Hero

13 comments:

fancyalterego said...

Loving this look as a great transitional choice! I think I tend to sway more in the tomboy-ish direction with my transitional outfits - lots of skinny jeans, tennis shoes, tshirts, and long cardigans. It's like my inner hipster wants to come out and play...haha!

I can't wait for summer either. I woke up this morning to the ground covered in snow...just days after we got rid of it! Boo!

Chelseabird said...

Looking lovely, Julie! xo

Amanda said...

Love this outfit, it is absolutely perfect. There are definitely those days that I love nothing more than jeans, a tank, and a jacket. Your style is absolutely impeccable. Glad to hear that spring has started to show its head out there for your guys. Here's hoping it stays that way :)

Elliementary, My Dear said...

Love how simple yet badass this outfit is :) The green jacket with the black pants and beanie is such a great combo.

Sandra said...

looking good :)

love your army jacket! i have a similar style, they're pretty great but i still miss having pockets...

it's getting a bit warmer here too, but it's mostly sun-rain-cold-warm alternations during the day so getting dressed has become utterly confusing...

Seeking Style said...

This is my perfct go to outfit!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Glam And Eggs said...

I'm dying over those sneakers and I am not a sneaker wearer normally. Although I am wearing them right now, but that's beside the point. I LOVE THEM!!!

Sole Trekking said...

Casual and effortlessly stunning. Love your blog, keep it up! <3

www.soletrekking.com

Nicole Low said...

Adorable! Your hair is amazing, btw.

iris said...

WHERE WAS THIS WEATHER WHEN I WAS WALKING THROUGH SCHENLEY GOLF COURSE THIS MORNING?!

The wind. Oh, the wind!

Shannon Pederson said...

You look absolutely fantastic! your hair is so very on point

Michelle // Aliya and Lucas Vintage said...

LOVE & need those Nikes!!!

BuenoBueno said...

Love your style like always! and THOSE SHOES!!!!!! Get it! I wanna go for a run in them!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!