Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Amethyst

 photo OrchidGrey_February192014-3_zpsa2d51c63.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February192014-4_zps8c7a1126.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February192014-5_zps5a4713d4.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February192014-2_zps16a1c969.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_February192014-1_zps1477da49.jpg

I love the color of amethyst, and carry a small piece with me at almost all times, sometimes on a necklace, sometimes just in my pocket. The stone is said to have healing properties and promote fearlessness in it's wearer - whether that's true or not is up for discussion, but hey, a little courage never hurt. La Mer recently sent me this watch from their latest collection, I really love the detachable chain and amethyst pendants that come with it. Like a bracelet, watch, and little dose of courage all rolled into one. I love jewelry that takes a more organic form, while I can admire all those bright, bold statement necklaces that line store shelves, they're just not for me (most of the time). I much prefer wrapped-up bracelets, stacks of long chain necklaces, and strange, oddly shapes rings. I need a better shot of these necklaces, because they're perfect.
 
Jewelry is the easy part these days, I'm officially at desperation status clothing-wise and have taken to wearing my summer dresses over jeans. Yes, just like it's 1995 all over again. This particular outfit was the third iteration of the style, and I admit to really liking it.

Wearing: Coat: Vintage/Thrifted // Jacket: F21 (so old) // Dress: Swapped // Jeans: H&M // hat: Target // Boots: Jeffrey Campbell // Necklaces c/o Seahag & Walrus // Watch c/o La Mer Collections

12 comments:

Jessica Rose said...

All the best coats are vintage/thrifted nowadays....the cuts is always better and the material better quality...*I feel ;)

http://vodkaandarose.blogspot.co.uk

Girl and Closet said...

Firstly, this outfit is gorgeous!! And jeans with dresses, it must be something in the air?! Because I'm SO there with you! We can relive 1995 together, haha! ;) And your taste in jewelry is exquisite I must say!! xoxo

Rhiannon Lorenzo said...

that dress!!! so amazing. love everything you have paired with it.

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

Emily Baker said...

i've stopped even taking outfit pics. i can't.... boston's winter is killing me and i hate getting dressed in the morning. (this happens every februrary/march.)

Adrienne Scott-Trask said...

Gorgeous!
I love that dress!
-Adrienne. xo

Citizen of the World
Citizen of the World

Maddie Toy said...

your dress is so gorgeous!! i love the style and the print! and i adore your accessories...especially the La Mer watch!!
xo,
maddie

http://feelingmagenta.blogspot.com/

Elliementary, My Dear said...

That dress actually looks pretty good paired with jeans, I totally thought you were just wearing leggings at first. Love your boots and jacket. And I never knew that about amethyst. What a great idea to carry it around all the time.

Seeking Style said...

You, my dear, are the best at layering! Who cares if no one else is really doing dresses over jeans right now, you're killing it! I actually have seen it a couple times recently and remember when it was big back in 2004-5ish maybe? I remember I did it a lot longer than I should have. I already have short legs, so it's not a good look for me, but I've always loved it!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Tabet said...

This dress is very cute! :)
Kisses
Tabea

http://wolkedrei.blogspot.de/

Thistle Jones said...

Any girl who lives in the "north land" and likes to see her closet rotate can completely sympathize with the summer dress over fleece-lined tights look. There's no shame ;)

Laura Whitman said...

That dress is so adorable! I love the floral print and the jean jacket is the perfect touch.

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Shauna said...

Love, love, love that dress.

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!