Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Let's Polka!

What I wore:
Dress: Thrifted ($5-ish)
Heels: Jeffrey Campbell ($75 sale-old)
Bracelet: Thrifted ($2)
Sunglasses: Bought in Austen, TX ($14)

Where I wore it: A Labor Day Weekend Polka Cruise!

I'm not sure we could have chosen a better way to spend Labor Day: on a boat, with tons of music, surrounded by friendly and interesting people. Unless of course, we had decided to go swimming, because this past weekend was brutally hot and humid. But that's beside the point. We spent our day with a great group of people, and what little breeze we did manage to capture was fantastic.

Taking the humidity into consideration, I kept my outfit simple. Just a dress and easy-enough shoes (with flats stowed in my bag). Naturally, polka dots just seemed appropriate.

Also, this weekend we learned that we are awful at dancing the polka. No matter how many YouTube instructional videos we watch, no matter often we practice in empty parking lots.

Did you have a nice weekend?

17 comments:

Suburban Sweetheart said...

Your hair looks GORGEOUS!

Jessica said...

That dress!!! So great!!

missris said...

LOVE the polka dots!

kimberrleigh said...

I don't think polka dots will ever go out of style, so classic and cute!


<3
kimberrleigh.com

Mardle Made said...

Love it! Sounds perfect!

I have a dress so similar and I get complimented on it every time I wear it.

xx

www.mardlemade.com

Adin B said...

Your beautiful and that dress is too. Love the polka! Looks like one great weekend. :)

jackie said...

you are so adorable. that sounds like a super fun way to spend Labor Day. happy September!

RoselyC said...

I wish there was a video of you guys dancing the polka. I've never tried it but I'm completely uncoordinated so any type of dance would be a challenge for me.

Laura said...

Ha! I've never attempted a polka, but I can only imagine that it would end in disaster...I seriously love that you wore polka dots, though! Clever :)

Your Chris is a seriously stylish dude. That's a great photo of you two!

thejoyfulfox.blogspot.com

Kate Hough said...

I think this is the greatest way to spend a weekend - ever. Glad you had fun!

Jennifer said...

That dress is so perfect for you!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

blue roses said...

the dress is so perfect, especially with those red heels! very fun and very americana...

i caught up with old friends, drinking margaritas and eating nachos. glorious.

(until i had to catch a pesky flight to germany for work... boo...)

http://dallianceswithsuitsandskirts.blogspot.com/

irene wibowo said...

so a pretty dress. :)

Irene Wibowo

Steffys Pros and Cons said...

goooorgeous dress!! and love the sunnies with it :)

Xo,
steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

celia vallina said...

I love these dress
http://crazyheelsblog.blogspot.com

Brooke @ You're in Brookelynn said...

I love that dress! A lot of dresses I like always end up being a little shorter than I like, but this one looks like it's the perfect length!


http://youreinbrookelynn.blogspot.com/

Marta Castellanos said...

I love the dress! It kind of remember me to Vivian´s in Pretty Woman...Cool pics! xx

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!