Friday, August 31, 2012

Color Me Rad


How do I sum up the Color Me Rad race other than to say...it was rad! For years I've been telling myself- and everyone else around me- that running was off the table because of my arthritis, but I've recently redefined what I believe possible for myself and have been running/jogging outside of the gym for the past few months. I won't be running any marathons any time soon, I'm just happy to get out of the gym and feel I've reached a happy medium of running outdoors (so nice after being inside at the office all day), and lifting weights at the gym, indoors. This race was the perfect introduction to 5k's- it was fun, I was surrounded by energetic and happy people, and it was a great gauge for my endurance...plus, there was the added bonus of being pelted with cornstarch pigment. So that was awesome. I'm really excited to run more, and would love to do Run for Your Lives, but it's tomorrow and I'm not sure I'm up for that tomorrow. Maybe next year. Have any of you ever done it?

Anyways, I don't have a ton of pictures because everyone I was with was on my team and running. I joined up with a few co-workers, and one thing we all learned was to take one car next year! The traffic was INSANE. Also, wear sunglasses. I'm so glad I wore sunglasses.

Are you excited for Labor Day weekend? I'm super stoked to have a whole two days off in a row with Chris, we're planning on going on a polka cruise (seriously), and maybe a longer hike somewhere as long as the weather holds up.