Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Canal District Clothing Swap (Part 1)

SO, awhile ago I mentioned the swap that Jen and I went to hosted by Punky and the whole Swapaholics crew. I finally have pictures to share!
It was so much fun! Jen and I got to come early and check things out, they had even put a couple things aside for us that they thought we would like, it was such a fun day, I wish I could see these amazing ladies more. I picked out a few things to style for my posts (some won't be making an appearance until colder weather though), and we also snagged a couple of pieces to send around to the other Delightful Dozen girls.

Punky and Melissa were our gracious hosts for the day, they made the whole thing so special! I could not believe the size of the crowd that came out for it too, even though it was May it was cold and rainy, so this was the perfect way to spend a day indoors. Once the crowd cam ein, everything was snagged up in seconds.



There was plenty of posing:
The Swapaholics are in LA right now, hosting a cross-country swap. I can't wait to go to the next local event they hold, clothing swaps are such a great way to freshen up your closet without spending a fortune- sometimes not spending any money at all!

The talented Ann Ruthmann was our photographer for the day, she was so friendly and did an amazing job of capturing the day and our individual styles. I'll have my outfit post for the day tomorrow, so stay tuned!

Have you ever held a clothing swap of your own?

22 comments:

The Boob Nazi said...

That looks amazing!

Mascara or Motoroil said...

I'm so excited because I'm actually planning my very first swap in about a month! Another Cincinnati blogger and I have joined forces and I can't wait. I definitely have a few questions for Punky- she's such a badass.

Lemondrop Marie said...

That looks like such fun! I am jealous, and I would swap anything for the dog.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Becca Jane said...

This sounds like such an amazingly fun idea. I've never hosted a swap, but this post makes me want to!

Brianna said...

I love your outfit in these pictures and the boots the girl in the last picture is wearing.

http://the-not-so-secret-loves-of-bri.blogspot.com/

Natalya's Closet said...

Wow, what a wonderful creative idea!! Sounds like so much fun! XOXO, Natalya

Rudi said...

My 16th birthday was a recycle party, and all my guests brought clothes they didn't want and we set up a yard sale in my den. It was fun, except none of the clothes were nice looking- they were mostly turtlenecks and T-shirts from the 5th grade. Probably cause most of my guests were dudes...
I got a really neat flannel shirt, though.

But I totally love your pictures! I might need to do the whole recycle party again, especially when I go off to my women's art college. That would probably yield better results.

love, rudi

Under Urooba's Umbrella! said...

Oh this looks super dope!

briannelee said...

I love clothing swaps! My friends and I try to have one at the beginning of each season.

I am looking forward to this event coming back to the Boston area as well :)

Coatlicue Fatale said...

this clothing swap seems like THE ULTIMATE CLOTHING SWAP!

right after I went up to college a friend was invited to a clothing swap so I tagged a long the only problem was that the girls were a few sizes to small than my friend and I so we didnt have quite the selection to choose from but it was still fun regardless!

great pictures and i must say that the dress from the previous post is lovely!

Ella Valeris Morrol said...

OMG I've never been in a clothing swap, but it definitively looks like fun! I don't know if I could give my own clothes for a swap because I'm really attached to it... Although if I see great items in a swap like that one... well I can always say good bye to my clothes LOL

I'll wait for the next post!

Kisses and good wishes!

tess said...

I love that Bond girls picture!

Lauren said...

That is so awesome that you got Anne Ruthmann to photograph your event! I've been following her blog for a long time and love her pics - she did a great job capturing you guys!

Rosie said...

I wish I knew about this! I live in the town over from worcester!

Birta said...

I've had one clothing swap, where me and around 20 girls got all dressed up, drank cocktails and we all brought a bag or two of clothes and poured them into one pile on my bed. Then we all rumaged through the pile, tried stuff on and had a good laugh.

I'd do that again anytime, I had so much fun.

Punky said...

Awesome recap!
Thanks for hanging out with all day, so much fun!

We have a swap planed for Boston soon...You have to come!

My Republic of Fashion said...

Brilliant idea! :)SarahD

Clare said...

Looks like so much fun!

tweet tweet tweet

x

kelly ann said...

so fun... that red dress you and another girl are holding up is INCREDIBLE. can it just magically appear in my closet? ;)

thinkoutloud1996 said...

I am in LOVE with that outfit that you're wearing

Lianne said...

ooooh i've never been to a clothes swap! we haven't done that here in manila... maybe i should try organizing one! any tips how to do that? :)

leethroughthelens.blogspot.com

chelsea lee aka spicklebee said...

these photos are so amazing!

and what a fabulous site for the spot. I'm loving the walls!!

definitely love the clothing swap idea. I actually just put one together for my girlfriends and I to take place next week. I'll have to document and post!

spicklebee.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!