Saturday, December 1, 2018

Weekend Reading 12.1


It's December! What a week. I did a ton of driving for work (I have a new full-time job - no longer totally freelance, and remembering that it takes some time to settle into the rhythm of things), so this weekend is all about getting back into the swing of things at home - Chris and I cleaned the house, I ran some errands... not exciting at all, I know, but needed. I actually purchased a new template for this blog on Cyber Monday, so I'm looking forward to spending some time tomorrow working on installation and otherwise playing a big game of catch-up from last week. Tomorrow, Chris and I are going to a holiday fair at the ferry terminal and I'm hoping to at least finalize our holiday shopping list, if not finish the shopping. We still don't have a tree. I've been feeling on the fence whether or not to get a real one and frankly, I've been doing so much decorating for work that that thought of decorating our house feels a little overwhelming.

On my December wishlist: the perfect holiday dress (love these gorgeous pieces), a pretty clutch to go with it, and something cozy for winter because hello winter is here!

ICYMI: A new skincare brand I'm loving (especially the luminizer and moisturizer)

Love this pretty set of vintage lamps

I got this sweater and this cozy scarf during last week's sales and I'm obsessed

I've been craving chocolate chip cookies all week and I've decided I'm making these paleo chocolate chip cookies tomorrow - YUM

The colors of this vintage dress are so perfect for the season

Love this DIY solid perfume for holiday gifting

Heads up: J.Crew sale-on-sale! Take an additional 50% off sale items! Love this gorgeous lace dress, this chic velvet top, and this pretty wrap dress

Have you listened to The Wing's new podcast, No Man's Land? I'm so excited about it, and super stoked to listen to The Daily!!!

Take an extra 40% off Anthropologie sale! I'm loving this mirror and this mirror, these cool knobs, and this rad anorak

My girl Joanna is hosting an incredible 5-day styling workshop in Italy this summer and I'm honestly considering it - it sounds amazing

This book sounds cool - thinking I might pick it up for this year's yankee swap!

Not gonna lie - I love this music video

This scarf looks so cozy!

How to give a great gift (NYT)