Thursday, February 23, 2017

WORN: Vintage Levi's & Velvet

 photo IMG_9189_zpsntg712vv.jpg
 photo IMG_9188_zpsyltai5ni.jpg
 photo IMG_9193_zpshhf1r4iy.jpg
 photo IMG_9191_zpsx4rfjyqs.jpg
 photo IMG_9186_zpsm3bde92r.jpg
 photo IMG_9190_zpstrkuw9mu.jpg
 photo IMG_9185_zps3mymethb.jpg

I've been hanging on to this velvet tank for years. At least 10, possibly 15. I think I may even have acquired it in high school. If memory serves, it's a hand-me-down from a family friend, and until recently I just didn't know how to wear it. It's a funny length, not long enough to be tucked in or to drape casually over skinny jeans, but too long to be a crop top. Deep down, I knew I'd figure it out someday and it was just too nice and too basic to ever get rid of. I know, I'm ridiculous. it's a goddamn black tank top - what's the problem? But I'd wager everyone has their own version of this -- something nice, but slightly awkward -- hiding in their closet. Well, enter vintage Levi's. You guys, I figured it out. I figured out how to wear a shirt. Groundbreaking. But I really love how nicely it layered beneath this vintage embroidered jacket, and it was blissfully warm enough this past weekend to even go out without a heavy coat.

We're getting a little taste of spring this week, and I'm not mad about it. Global warming, yes, but what a difference a little vitamin D makes. They're calling for temps nearing 70 today -- perhaps a little too warm, but I'll take it, if only for a day or two. C'mon spring!

Worn:
Vintage Levi's -- same or similar vintage-inspired options here
Vintage bed jacket -- similar
Vintage velvet tank -- similar 
Madewell boots -- similar options here
Vintage jewelry
Free People Sunglasses

3 comments:

Olivia DiTomaso said...

Loving the embroidered detaiL!

Liv

livforstyle.net

terra love/nothing/more said...

You did it! And you're right... we all have that thing that we know is worth hanging on to. It just needs the right companion piece. Loving each and every little bit of this. Those sunglasses are the perfect finishing touch.

aliamay said...

Watch champion trophy 2017 live streaming CT 2017 of all the matches live scorecard Ball by ball commentary of all the matches.
Match prediction CT 2017.
Astrology prdiction CT 2017
TV channels broadcast CT 2017

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!