Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Fisherman

 photo OrchidGrey_December102013-5_zps28b7d3ab.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_December102013-2_zpse80c6281.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_December102013-6_zps99144f25.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_December102013-1_zps56495e5b.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_December102013-3_zpsd578628d.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_December102013-4_zps651bd551.jpg

What I wore to fight my way through the crowds at Handmade Arcade this past weekend. No dice. After 30 minutes of struggling to see vendor's wares over people's shoulders, we were completely overwhelmed and decided to leave, opting instead to browse online the few shops we had grabbed cards from. I really want to enjoy Christmas shopping, but so far it's been a bit of a nightmare this year.

I picked up this vintage Greek fisherman's cap from Eons recently (a PGH vintage shop), after popping in while in the midst of doing my laundry across the street. It reminds me of the hat from the Isabel Marant for H&M collection, except way better because it was A. cheaper and B. authentic. and, hell, C. vintage. I've been wearing it non-stop lately. A nice change of pace from the usual beanie atop my head.

This post is probably full of typos that will be glaringly obvious tomorrow morning. Forgive me. It's now past midnight and my eyes are crossing from exhaustion.

What I wore:
Jacket: Vintage/Thrifted
Sweater: Vintage/Thrifted (similar)
Hat: Vintage Greek fisherman's cap/ Eons (similar)
Jeans: Urban Outfitters (similar or similar)