Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Currently...

 photo OrchidGrey_March12-4_zpsdf4ba224.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_March12-1_zpsd5efeccd.jpg
  photo OrchidGrey_March12-3_zps3a37a1c6.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_March12-2_zpsbc2a7f1a.jpg
This past weekend I successfully unplugged- if a little by accident. It's easy to step away from technology when you forget leave your phone at home all day. Saturday was beautiful, spent thrift shopping with Kate (I've been slowly adding to my spring and summer wardrobes this way). But Sunday, oh Sunday! What glorious weather. Turns out, the sun still exists, and it's awesome. Chris and I took a long walk along the river on the North Side and just generally tried to stay out as long as possible. And now, another week is off to a busy start. Here's what I've been up to:

Listening to...
A few new-to-me favorites: Big Dipper, A Camp (they do an amazing cover of Bowie's Boys Keep Swinging), Foxygen, Low Cut Connie, and Gap Dream (their song Generator sounds like a fuzzed out T-Rex). It's always nice to find something new, but I've also been listening to an old favorite: Weezer's blue album. I've forgotten how much I love that record, it always reminds me of high school art class and skipping school to go drive around.

Reading...
I borrowed Julia Child's book My Life in France from a friend and I can't wait to dive into it. I'm finally almost done with It Starts With Food, and I'm excited to start reading something a little lighter that's purely for pleasure and not quite so...information-heavy.

Enjoying...
Watching the birds. I hung a bird feeder so Zephyr can have some entertainment. Since Zeb is at my mom's and Chris and I both work long hours, I think poor Zeph has been more than a little bored, and has he been vocal about it! If I'm not right by his side in the mornings he meows- loudly- until he finds me, something he and his brother used to do, like a sort of demented, codependent game of Marco Polo. The birds are just now figuring it out, and we've been enjoying the cardinals who occasionally come to visit.

Excited about...
Daylight savings time! It's already made such a huge difference in our productivity after work, and it's so much easier to get myself to the gym when it's light outside. I'm still adjusting, just like everybody else, but this first sure sign of spring makes me so happy.

Craving...
A class to take. I think I'll finally be able to swing a class or two this spring. I've been dying to take some sort of art class, especially a metal jewelry class.

What have you been up to lately?

Photos, top to bottom: 1&2- East Liberty after PGH Creative Mornings, the writing team on a brainstorm walk, my mom's boots- finally refurbished.