Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Lulu's x Orchid Grey: Inspired by Grace Slick

For the month of June I've partnered with Lulu's.com to bring you a series of four posts, each one inspired by a different 1970's female musician. Check back every Tuesday to see my interpretation of an influential artist's signature look.
04. Today by Jefferson Airplane on Grooveshark
Somebody to Love by Jefferson Airplane on Grooveshark
Bag, blanket, onyx bracelet: Vintage

I know I'm cheating a bit by posting two songs released before 1970, but I couldn't not include Grace Slick in this series, and these two Jefferson Airplane songs are my favorites. I love how simple most of her stage outfits were, but they made such an impact, almost as much impact as her voice. White dresses, tonal accessories, sunglasses to shield your eyes from the festival sun, and a little paisley thrown in for good measure.

If you'd like to get the look, check out the Lulu's blog for tips on how to emulate my favorite seventies songstress's style!