Thursday, July 14, 2011

July 14, 2011: Melon, Denim, Leopard, Navy

Denim top: Thrifted ($5)
Linen skirt: Thrifted ($6)
Belt: Thrifted (came with dress)
Shoes: Thrifted ($10)
Bracelet c/o ModCloth
If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you may know that I hit thrift gold yesterday with a vintage 60s bridesmaid dress (here's a photo). I haven't had good luck thrifting in a few months, maybe it was because we were transitioning into summer, I don't know, but yesterday Savers finally delivered. Along with the dress (which I think I'll wear to our wedding reception), I found a bunch of dessert stands (good for our dessert table), this denim top, and this pretty melon colored skirt. As soon as I got home, I knew exactly how I wanted to style it, I love oranges and blues together so naturally I just paired the two and added a leopard print belt. I broke out my favorite pair of espadrilles for the first time this year as well.

We finally got some rain last night, and it must have cooled down by 15 degrees, it feels great outside! I'm feeling about 100x better than yesterday after finally getting a good nights sleep. It's funny because the cats have been so peppy, they're finally getting their energy back too after those hot hot days. Well, I'm off to get my car inspected and drop that pretty dress of at the cleaners, have a great day! xo