Friday, September 10, 2010

Places In My Past

Yay, it's fall!
Dress: Thrifted from charity shop in Maine (.50 c)
Belt: Thrift gift from Mom from same shop
Sweater: Thrifted H&M ($5)
Scarf: Mom's vintage
Orange tights: TjMaxx ($4)
Flats: UO ($28)
Yes, you read that right! This dress cost me fifty cents, making it the cheapest thing in my wardrobe that wasn't free. I love it and it's actually been something I've been wearing all summer. Something was keeping me from posting about it though, and yesterday I realized what: it had more potential! It needed layers! Last night I met up with friends for sushi and our weekly bar trivia match, the weather was actually a little chilly so I took advantage and layered. Somehow this outfit works, and I think it's because there are equal elements of the two main colors: brown tones and black. Its funny because before I started blogging I would have died before pairing black with brown, or blue and black, or all ove the above, and now they're some of my favorite combinations.
So, who's stoked it's the weekend? I am! I decided earlier this week that I'm not attending the Fashion Week festivities, so i have the whole weekend to relax. Those of you who are attending IFB and Chictopia, have a great time! Oh! and don't forget to enter the Noble Town Vintage giveaway!

Happy Weekend!