Monday, July 6, 2009

Over the Weekend...

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend! My boyfriend Chris and I travelled to Maine to celebrate the July 4th holiday with friends and family. Here are some highlights:
Portland was incredibly foggy, first we travelled to Long Island via ferry boat:
Coming up to Little Diamond Island:
Each residential island has their own parade, this is Little Diamond's. They all met us at
the dock, this festivity always makes me homesick for the weirdness of Maine. What I love about this is that
there are so many strange costumes- Alice & the White Rabbit, Princess Leia, a puppy dressed as an angel:
The fog started to break up as we approached Long Island:
Getting Closer:
The green tunnel to the beach:
Looking for sea-glass:
Chris was covertly taking pictures of me:
So many steps:
We had seafood chowder (chowdah) at a pub and did some people watching:
My favorite mascot was all dressed up for the holiday:
We later travelled to Brunswick to watch the fireworks from our friend's beach cottage:
The handmade boat: