Monday, July 24, 2017

Vintage Top & Cutoffs

 photo IMG_1408_zpstdlenxlb.jpg
 photo IMG_1406_zpsfc0s7v5v.jpg
 photo IMG_1405_zpsxtjioblt.jpg
 photo IMG_1409_zpsmodrr7kr.jpg

There's something about tops like this that remind me of my mother. For the past couple of years, my mother's style in the early '90s has been a huge inspiration to me. Guatemalan woven pants, Indian gauze tops and dresses, and low key beauty. It's a combination that's easygoing and fast, two important things when it comes to summer style. I don't like think about what I'm wearing too much, especially when the temperature is nearing 100 and the humidity is about as high too. Lately I've been reaching for trusty cut-off shorts, breezy tops (extra points if they're super light but long-sleeved for a little extra sun protection), my favorite round sunglasses (love these too), and the ubiquitous woven tote that's on everyone's shoulder these days (but seriously, if you want a go-with-everything bag, this is it - uh, this one too). I picked up this vintage top from a Micknmarianne popup at Meadowsweet here in Philly semi-recently after falling in love with the huge balloon arms and pretty stamped print. I love how it looks with shorts for summer, and come fall I plan to wear it tucked into high-waisted Levi's and layered under vintage overalls.