Tuesday, April 25, 2017

WORN: Alligator Pants & Denim Jacket

 photo IMG_0074_zpsqil30xkp.jpg
 photo IMG_0071_zps7ltjz5x5.jpg
 photo IMG_0073_zpsq7p8ycu4.jpg
 photo IMG_0068_zpsmsekcmtc.jpg
 photo IMG_0069_zpsjif82kih.jpg
 photo IMG_0070_zpsdrta1559.jpg
 photo IMG_0072_zpsm8qsgrfb.jpg



If my 2017 style could talk, it would gleefully scream "sneakers with everything!" while hurling a pair of heels in the trash. Seriously. Maybe I'll find a loafer I really like one day, and I'm sure in about a month I'll be back in Birks and Tevas, but for now - and in general - I'm 100% on board with shoes that take absolutely zero effort. As I get older my style seems to lean more and more towards becoming an amalgamation of my teenage self and my mother's style from the 80s and 90s. Baggy pants, skate shoes, flowy dresses, and silk and linen. It's a weird combination, but I like it, and what's more, it causes zero discomfort. Looking back on some of my older blog posts from when I first began blogging (7 years ago this summer!), it's funny to see how done up I'd get. Granted, I was working in higher education and still working things out style-wise, but oof... so many high-waist belts! These days I tend to stick with a handful of favorite silhouettes, most recently rediscovering the joys of a loose pant like this vintage silk pair. I mean, they're also covered with alligators, which could be part of the appeal, but with a baggy tank and easy sneakers, it was the perfect outfit for an early spring day.

Get the look:
Vintage wide leg silk pants  - similar
Free People tank
Vans Old Skool sneakers
Vintage denim jacket - similar
Free People sunglasses