Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Black and White and Red

 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_July152014-1_zps18b5a0be.jpg
  photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_July152014-2_zps216d4274.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_July152014-3_zpsba48eca7.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_July152014-4_zps06a5d8b3.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_July152014-5_zps6c2016e8.jpg
I'm not gonna lie, this dress makes me feel all kinds of bodacious. And sometimes that's what you need, one dress (or tee, or sweater...) in your closet that makes you feel - regardless of the opinion or presence of anyone else (though Chris digs it too) - like a million f'ing bucks. This is it for me. I like the '90s vibes it gives off paired with red heels and an oversized and destroyed denim jacket, toned down a notch or two with silver accessories to match the zipper.

We spent this past weekend (and the days before it) walking all over the city and going to apartment viewings and we are both mentally exhausted. The good news is that we're just waiting on approval for a cute little place in South Philly, so I'm keeping busy by keeping my fingers crossed and stressing myself out thinking about it. But let's not kid ourselves, I can't wait. We paid a visit to Terrain out in Glen Mills on Sunday and both left with visions of an even more plant-filled apartment in our heads. I may kvetch about how much I hate apartment hunting, but the thrill of having a new space to decorate and make into a home can't be denied.

Get the look: Dress: New Old Fashion Vintage (c/o) // Jacket: Estate sale (similar) // Heels: Kelsi Dagger (c/o - similar) // Ring: UO (similar) // Earrings: Vintage (similar)

14 comments:

Marissa Jamie said...

You look so lovely! :)
Marissa Jamie : Faithfully, Marissa ♡

Adrienne Scott-Trask said...

Super cute look!!
I love that dress!
I'm always a sucker for polkadots!
-Adrienne. xo

Citizen of the World
Citizen of the World

Check out my new online boutique!!
Wanderlust Boutique

Stefanie Germann said...

I adore your style and I love your hair! I think when I go to the hairdresser in september I will show him a picture of your haircut :) greetings from Germany <3

Jenna Condon said...

very very cute~!

http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Yay, South Philly! I'm hoping you will really enjoy living here. I'm a Philly native, but only moved back 3 years ago after time in New York and Boston and have really enjoyed South Philly.

Nikki Williams said...

decorating is one of the best things EVER! can't wait to see your new place. love the dress!

xxoo,
nikki

www.dream-in-neon.com

Rhiannon Lorenzo said...

you look SO gorgeous! that dress is amazing on you.

http://www.amoderngypsy.blogspot.com

Primrose Bigwood said...

Such a gorgeous look! I love the earrings too! xx

primrosepondering.blogspot.co.uk

newoldfashionvintage.com said...

Ohhh myyyy Goddd… this looks so amazing! So glad you love it. Also, you're in Philly! Whaaat!? So awesome! Congrats!

lauren, curious constellation said...

This post made me so happy, such a great attitude you've got. You look amazing in that dress! And holding thumbs you get your apartment!

Alison Colby said...

RIP Alison Colby
Died from the breathtaking beauty that is Julie.

KILLING IT GIRL.

XO Alison
looksharplansing.blogspot.com

Elliementary, My Dear said...

Love how you are rockin' this dress. You look amazing :)

Gabriela said...

Congrats on the move to Philly! I'm a native and grew up five minutes from Terrain...truly a gem of a place. I hope you enjoy it here!

Love those heels, they look so chic but practical!

www.gabsessions.com

Midwest Muse said...

Your new haircut is beautiful and this dress is killer!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!