Thursday, May 22, 2014

Dots, Spots, and Cat Ears

 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_May222014-3_zpsd5b2ee94.jpg
  photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_May222014-6_zpsf74ac34c.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_May222014-4_zps08ceca5e.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_May222014-5_zps4a9e6adb.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_May222014-2_zps86cf8483.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_JulieSharp_May222014-1_zpsf1b105fc.jpg
I've had this dress for a few years -- in fact I think the last time I wore it was for our engagement photos (Chris's beard is so little!) -- but for the past couple it's been relegated to the back of my closet. While It's not necessarily my style so much anymore (I've recently become more aware of what I might personally consider to be "too young" for my personal style), I just can't bear to part with it for some reason, I just love how crisp the dots are and the sturdy fabric. I wish I could stick to those rules about parting with things you haven't worn in six months or a year -- but I'll pull things out of retirement years after not wearing them only to find a new way to style it.

+ I got a haircut. It feels good to have less of it.

+ As a (very) late birthday gift, Chris gifted me this sweet kitty-ear bracelet made by our insanely talented friend, Michael. I am obsessed.

Wearing: Dress: MinkPink // Jacket: Vintage Lee from Avalon // Boots: Thrifted (similar) // Choker necklace: Thrifted // Necklace: Seahag & Walrus (c/o) // Kitty bracelet: Michael Studebaker

17 comments:

lazygulrox (Rashmi Bhosale) said...

I love this combination of polka dress and denim jacket!! And love the one of a kind accessories you are wearing!! :)

Courtney Dunsmore said...

Gorgeous! i love the jewelry,and I'm still in love with denim jackets as always(:
http://www.aswestumblealong.com

Adrienne Scott-Trask said...

Gorgeous!!
Love that dress!
Super cute!
-Adrienne. xo

Citizen of the World
Citizen of the World

By The Shore, Life + Style said...

I just dug up all my clothes from my "Girl & Closet" days. Floral vintage dresses and Jeffrey Campbells galore. I honestly, can't wait to start incorporating those pieces into my looks again. Fashion and nostalgia, I'm all over it!! And I love how you've brought this dress into the now/your current fashion tastes. You're rocking it!! xoxo

Kailey said...

I love that dress on you - doesn't seem too "young" for you at all to me! <3

Jenna Condon said...

I love that dress you look adorable

http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/2014/05/partner-with-me.html

iris said...

Man, hair cuts are pretty much the best. A new lease on life for the locks.

Lindsay is Broke said...

Great dress! And that bracelet is absolutely adorable. <3

Rebecca said...

I love those big polka dots! this dress looks great on you.
Rebecca @ tr[i]b[e]cca

Kim said...

Nothing beats a little polka dot and denim combo. You look great! x

Sweet Monday

donna bailey said...

I love to combine dress with denim jacket. You look fantastic in that polka dot dress.
Croydon Carpet Cleaners

Melissa at bubbyandbean.com said...

I definitely don't think it's too young for you, especially with how you styled it. And I love your hair cut! I chopped mine to the same length about a month ago and it's so much easier to deal with. xo

veryveronique.com said...

I think that dress is fabulous (please don't get rid of it, it's gorgeous!!! and it has memories!) and you styled it just right (so it's still so you). I loved revisiting your engagement photos, awwww, you two are the cutest, (your hair!), I love the style and atmosphere of those photos. (I may be inspired by them for my own one day:)) Oh and that rule doesn't apply to me either, I can ignore and forget I have something for years and then it becomes my favorite thing so in the end I never get rid of stuff.

Eve Maria said...

Love your outfit and new hair! :)

Anonymous said...

very very nice ..everything you wear here suits you , lovely dress ..but my only gripe is its lacking something ..like a cake without icing ...you without Black opaque Tights ...charlotte

Anonymous said...

ps ..your hair looks great !! charlotte

Jamie Morton said...

That polka dot dress is very beautiful and you look amazing in it. This cat ears bracelet is super cute, I like it very much.

Eco carpet cleaning Wimbledon

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!