Tuesday, September 10, 2013

San Fran Stripes

 photo OrchidGrey_Sept102013-2_zpscd36a8fd.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_Sept102013-1_zpse5618750.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_Sept102013-3_zps0da04069.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_Sept102013-4_zpsca3ab2ec.jpg
Photos taken by Jon Brown, thanks Jon!
What I wore:
Jacket: Estate sale (similar)
Dress: c/o Lulu's swap
Sneakers: Converse
Fringe Necklace: gift from Moorea Seal
Other necklaces: swapped/ various
Eye bracelet c/o Lulu's
Gold chain bracelet: Thrifted
Knuckle rings: Ruche (via TXSC)

I wore this to work in San Francisco

If you ever want to experience opposite ends of the seasonal spectrum, visit Austin and San Francisco in the same week in August. Needless to say, packing for temperatures ranging from 60 degrees all the way up to 106 was not an easy task, and I have to admit I failed a little bit when it came to my SF wardrobe. The thought of packing, and then wearing, tights in the middle of summer just felt...awful. As much as I can appreciate tights and sweaters and layers, I much prefer the simplicity of dressing for warmer temperatures.

All that to say: this was the only outfit I took a picture of on the SF leg of my trip. I grabbed this striped midi dress from the swap with Lulu's at TXSC, and it turned out to be the most SF-appropriate item in my suitcase: perfect for fluctuating temperatures, and comfortable for walking to and from the office (and all over the city).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you to everyone who entered the InfinEight Jewelry giveaway, the winner was comment #3: Maggie of See Maggie. As thanks to everyone who entered, Mima from InfinEight is offering free shipping all week to Orchid Grey readers! Just enter the code "ORCHIDGREYWEEK" at checkout.

7 comments:

Mary Byrd said...

I love this look. I think I need some converse in my closet!

Adrienne Scott-Trask said...

San Frans weather is crazy!
I love this outfit....so perfect for it!
-Adrienne. xo

Citizen of the World
Citizen of the World

Valentina Duracinsky said...

still love SF!

Valentina
Valentina Duracinsky Blog
-- Facebook Page

Kaili at impeccablykaili said...

Love this.
www.impeccablykaili.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Pretty!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Tania Franco said...

Stripes are one of my favorite things to wear, and this dress looks so good with the denim.

Tania
http://inspiremyfancy.blogspot.com

Laura Whitman said...

oooo, I absolutely love this dress! And the jean jacket is the perfect touch!

xoxo,
Laura
http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!