Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Evergreen

Orchid Grey Sept. 24 2013 photo OrchidGrey_Sept242013-3_zpscbb8297a.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_Sept242013-5_zps1fd8352e.jpg
Orchid Grey Sept. 24 2013 photo OrchidGrey_Sept242013-4_zpse74eb983.jpg
Orchid Grey Sept. 24 2013 photo OrchidGrey_Sept242013-2_zps6fdc0994.jpg
Orchid Grey Sept. 24 2013 photo OrchidGrey_Sept242013-1_zps375ac70c.jpg
What I wore:
Dress: Vintage/TXSC clothing swap (previously owned by Rachel)
Belt: Vintage/PGH Vintage Mixer
Beaded necklace: Antique store in Maine
Fringe Necklace: Moorea Seal
Bracelets: Thrifted
Sandals: Marshalls

I love strolling around our neighborhood in the evenings after work, looking at houses, picking out details and storing them away in my memory. It took awhile for me to come around to appreciating the architecture in Pittsburgh -- there's just so much brick, new environment, blah, blah, blah -- but now I could fill a book with houses that are My Favorites (most of them brick, incidentally). This archway is one of my favorite details on one of my favorite houses. It reminds me of The Secret Garden, which I was obsessed with as a child.

On this particular evening, I wore the Raddest Dress Ever, which I snagged at the Lulu's clothing swap held during TXSC. The pretty floral print is not only lovely, but useful in disguising the humungous rip in the lining that occurred when I bent over earlier in the day. Vintage dresses man, they're so awesome, but sometimes seem to be made for human bodies with less bodacious asses than my own**.

** She said with good humor and a little sarcasm

21 comments:

A Wild Tonic said...

You look absolutely stunning. That dress is crazy awesome!

skunkboy said...

This dress is AMAZING on you!!

Amanda said...

This dress is absolutely gorgeous on you, and I am absolutely loving that belt. I too have had my share of ripping vintage clothes, thankfully nothing so bad that I couldn't fix it. But man is it embarrassing, especially when someone else points out the rip haha!

Amanda said...

This dress is absolutely gorgeous on you, and I am absolutely loving that belt. I too have had my share of ripping vintage clothes, thankfully nothing so bad that I couldn't fix it. But man is it embarrassing, especially when someone else points out the rip haha!

Kitsune-kun said...

whoooaa cool dress!

colormebrazen said...

Posed in front of the arch, you look so very Roman. :) The dress's cut is really ancient-looking.

iris said...

It's a little bit nutty, but I wasn't really struck by how residential architecture varies regionally (not just urban/suburban/rural) until I went and lived in Seattle for 12 weeks. That place looks completely different from Pittsburgh! *Everything* is artist & craftsman (or whatever the proper term is).

Orchid Grey said...

Iris- After living in New England, I became accustomed to the ubiquitous Cape style home, it wasn't until I had my job as a college admissions counselor that I really started to notice the regional differences. Now when I travel I love looking at architecture.

Jennifer said...

Your hair is all kinds of ridiculous! I love it so much :)

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

abbycake said...

I have had the ass busting problem myself, we are just too bodacious for vintage. :) The dress looks fab on you though!
xx Abby | a geek tragedy

jenloveskev said...

Ahh I knew this dress was made for you!! Oh man. You look so freaking beautiful!!

xoxo

Elizabeth, Delightfully Tacky said...

I still hate you just a little for snagging this dress. :P But it can't be denied that it looks like it was made for you!

Elizabeth, Delightfully Tacky said...

I still hate you just a little for snagging this dress. :P But it can't be denied that it looks like it was made for you!

Josephine Choo said...

amazing outfit! love your blog xo
www.joselovincolors.com

Mary said...

oh wow that's one hell of a dress! You look like a 70's wild child - amazing :)

Mary
www.littlefeatherstyle.blogspot.com

blue roses said...

that dress has such a beautiful frontier whimsy, i love it! the belt modernizes the look and adds great texture.

Ashley @TheCreamToMyCoffee said...

Gah, that dress is so fabulous! You have such great luck with vintage clothes!

Ashe said...

Wow. If you threw a filter on these photos, I'd probably think someone was sharing their gorgeous mom in the 70s. Which is to say, you've perfected a look and image and tone in the photos -- from the outfit to the expression!

Ashe said...

Also, I didn't mean mom to sound like it was an insult- just like, if I didn't know what you looked like, I'd think you were sharing photos of your mom during her fabulous, stylish, stunning youth.

giselaandzoe said...

that dress fits like a glove, just gorgeous!

hammad sohail said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.