Wednesday, July 3, 2013


 photo OrchidGrey_July22013-6_zpsa44f6ded.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_July22013-4_zps72015c45.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_July22013-5_zps3e7e1646.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_July22013-2_zpse8cc43e5.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_July22013-1_zps2f907931.jpg
What I wore:
Top: Thrifted ($1)
Skirt: Thrifted ($6-ish)
Booties: Zara ($70- similar)
Necklace: Vintage/ Avalon ($12)
Bracelets: Thrifted & gifts

I wore this to: work!

Told you I was into these shoes. Like, really into them. It's been hot- and rainy- lately, making crop tops and breezy fabrics not so much a choice as a necessity. The proportions of this outfit were a little out of my comfort zone, but as you most likely know by now, I enjoy stepping out of that zone quite frequently. As much as possible really. I find that as I get older, I care less and less about my outfits fitting into other people's ideas of what makes sense, and more and more about wearing what excites me and just having fun with the clothes in my closet.

If you're on the hunt for a thrifted crop top of your own, I suggest looking in the children's, intimates, and sportwear sections of the thrift store, as these tiny tops are often mistook for children's tops, bras, and sport tops (as this one was).


Valentina Duracinsky said...

How lovely!

Valentina Duracinsky Blog

Sophie said...

You wouldn't be able to get my feet out of those sandals either if I owned them! Love them!

Hannah said...

So so lovely! That necklace is ridiculous - it totally makes the outfit! Makes me want to look for big, chunky necklaces next time I'm thrifting.

And thanks for the tips on thrifting crop tops! I never think to look anywhere besides the women's section, and occasionally the men's. Sportswear - duh!

Chelsea Elizabeth said...

I dont blame you for being obsessed with those sandals! they are so cute! And I love those crop tops, I will have to check out my thrift stores

Elliementary, My Dear said...

You look awesome and I love your shoes :) I have found that you can also thrift crop tops by buying a cheap bodycon or tight fitting dress and cutting it into a crop top.

Alexandra Pettinato said...

I love your necklace. It is amazing!!

Rebecca said...

this skirt is so cool! love how you paired it with those booties!
Rebecca @ tr[i]b[e]cca

The Littlest Smitten said...

One of my favorite gray fitted yet stretchy crop tops was thrifted. I think it was in the workout section. I wore it last summer with a high waisted skirt and of course that evening stained it some how. Luckily it was a cheap thrift find and I'm sure I'll come across another eventually.

Jennifer said...

That skirt is perfection!

xo Jennifer

Mackenzie said...

I love that skirt!! What a great find!!


Sandra Quitzimouche said...

love this!
you take the crop top+longer skirt to the next level! that necklace is totally outta this world.

this is exactly the kind of outfit i've been sporting last summer! can't wait to go back to romania and enjoy(and curse) the sticky heat!

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

Seems like the perfect summer outfit! I've been loving crop tops, lately. They're perfect for those super hot days. Great tip about the thrift store! I always forget about the children's section.

colormebrazen said...

I'm not usually wild about muted colors and '70s silhouettes, but your blog makes me appreciate them. You pull them off very well.

Nicole Young said...

I love that skirt! This outfit is finished off so well with that necklace. Great look!

Diana Luce said...

I love the sandals! I have them too. i wore them once and I don't think I'm gonna be so courageous to wear them again. Unfortunately they are sooo painful. My feet were hurt for a week or so.

P.S. I love your blog! :)

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!