Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tried and True

 photo OrchidGrey_May142013-2_zps463b1f89.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_May142013-5_zpsd97b40da.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_May142013-4_zps1f2f8f90.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_May142013-3_zpsdd9e01fd.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_May142013-6_zpsce84f390.jpg
 photo OrchidGrey_May142013-1_zps6ce0d34f.jpg

What I wore:
Cardigan: J.Crew
Dress: Beacon's Closet ($12)
Sneakers: Nasty Gal (Jeffrey Campbell) ($122)
Bag c/o Ruche
Earrings c/o Spotted Moth
Bracelet c/o Lulu's

I wore this to: Make my life a little easier last week.

Last week was one of those weeks that called for quick and easy everything, it was stressful...like, crying in the nursing mother's room at work at two o'clock on a Friday kind of stressful (I'm fine, really). For weeks like that, I stick with the tried and true- comfort is key when you're having a mini breakdown- and a little dress and sneakers will always be right to me. I've been especially appreciative of the sneaker trend this year for making cool and comfortable footwear more readily available. It was something I knew I would want to invest in this past January when I had a little Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket, and these studded platforms went on sorta-sale. I knew they'd go with everything, and I was right.

I hope you're having a good week, so far this one is much better than last for me. Despite feeling emotionally heavy at times, I appreciate this time of year for making me feel a little lighter and brighter. Fewer layers, lighter fabrics, make-up becomes less of a priority in my daily routine. Cheers to a new week and a fresh start and, hopefully, warmer weather (it SNOWED on our hill yesterday).

13 comments:

Hanna said...

I'm glad you feel better now!

As for the outfit, the dress is great!
I am so jealous that you get to wear outfits with bare legs. Where I am from it is still too cold to even go outside without a jacket. ugh. One day soon!

Kitsune-kun said...

hope things get better soon! you look REALLY cute in this outfit!

Destrehan's Daughter said...

Sory to hear things were less than stellar last week. I'm glad to hear that things are picking up.

Rhiannon Lorenzo said...

you look stunning! that dress is so gorgeous on you!

www.modernsuburbanites.blogspot.com

Laura said...

A cute little dress is always the perfect solution. Easy and adorable. Hopefully the stress lightens for you. Sending vibes your way.

☯ZERO STYLE☯ said...

those shoes are perfect! you are such a beauty, miss julie. xoxo

colormebrazen said...

I love that bracelet!

Jennifer said...

I'm glad your week is going better than last. We all have our moments!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Elliementary, My Dear said...

Great dress and great hair =]

Hailey said...

love it!

Kim said...

You look awesome!

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

You look so gorgeous in this post, Julie!! I should have asked you for a hair tutorial in Boston!! Maybe in Austin you can show me your ways. :)

Kristian said...

Though it is easy, it works because it looks comfortable and effortless. Just what was needed too!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment and for reading Orchid Grey! If you have a question, I will either respond in the comment section or in a future post, so check back! I also encourage questions on my blog's Facebook page, see the link on the sidebar to get there!